P3P camera on a P3A

Reaction score
Can you install a P3P camera on to a P3A gimbal? I have searched but never came up with anything concrete beyond the fan/no fan thing

Not worried about not capturing 4K, as 2.7K is still fine for me, its just that I found a P3P camera for sale (without gimbal) on ebay and wanted to see if it was less blurry than my existing P3A camera in regards to still shots

Camera is same for P3A and P3P but electronics on Gimbal makes it different for both.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
Replacing the head of the camera will do nothing other than having the symbol 4K on the end. the board in both heads is the same. The gimbal main board makes the difference. So don't buy that head thinking it will help.

Reactions: Tim harris
Camera is same for P3A and P3P but electronics on Gimbal makes it different for both.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Excellent thanks, thats what I wanted to know

Replacing the head of the camera will do nothing other than having the symbol 4K on the end. the board in both heads is the same. The gimbal main board makes the difference. So don't buy that head thinking it will help.

Correct, however in my case a new head might help if its not so blurry, I dont care about the video res

Just so I understand this right. The gimbal and gimbal controller board are the only thing that is different? So if I replace the P3A gimbal with a P3P gimbal it will function as a P3P?

Just so I understand this right. The gimbal and gimbal controller board are the only thing that is different? So if I replace the P3A gimbal with a P3P gimbal it will function as a P3P?

Can someone confirm this. I just want to be clear. If all I need is a Pro gimbal control board and run across one I would like to upgrade my P3A to a Pro.

Well,

I received the 4K camera head yesterday

After a little bit of initial struggling I unscrewed the old 2.7K head off the gimbal, and put the new one on

First fire-up the gimbal/camera made some pretty strange noises, and would not settle down, so unscrewed the head again and rotated it 180 degrees, fired up again and everything settled down, PHEW

The difference in clarity and crispness between the 2.7K and the 4K head is quite surprising, I'm not suggesting its 'better' as I have been told its the same head piece, but in my case it is, my 2.7K head was really quite blurry on the lefthand side and this new head is perfect across the entire image

$60 well spent :D:D:D

Reactions: Xdjcast
Well done, Tim. I to am the proud owner of a "pro" with silver stickers :) best upgrade I've done. I did it mostly for the clearer FPV view but now that I've really gotten into video/post the 4k is indispensable. Glad you made the switch!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.