P3A crash, any ideas?

yes you can see wings flap as it comes in for the kill.

Screen Shot 2015-07-04 at 15.01.53.png

ok, yes, i just downloaded your video and put it into my video editing package.

its the drone leg o_O

Screen Shot 2015-07-04 at 15.12.19.png

what i thought was a wing seems to be structure of drone.

i have reduced the speed down to 10% and will publish that on youtube.
will be from 10 sec to 14 secs section.

The left stick as you can understand from the video was at rudder left and down. This is the position of CSC for left stick. So it remains right stick at right bottom in order that you have CSC !

what would cause this 'stripping out' ? it has done probably less than 5 hours flight time from new
I had one of mine strip when I first got it by over tightening before knew better.. but knew it immediately when it happened. But this stripped thread could caused by the ground impact.

Video at 10%

The left stick as you can understand from the video was at rudder left and down. This is the position of CSC for left stick. So it remains right stick at right bottom in order that you have CSC !

right stick does not look as though its being touched as the drone is not moving in any direction than down.

Reactions: Pete44
Ohh the power down stick combo.

I hadn't thought of that , but I am 100% sure I wasn't pushing the right stick at all.

Just before it drops as well it seems to ease its rotation suggesting I'd come off of the left Stick too?

So i eventually got my drone back to DJI in China (nearest location for Australia) I have been dealing with their support staff who have been lovely and quick to reply to my questions and willing to help which is great.

I initially got an email saying that the drone had suffered damage that could not be claimed under warranty and that i would have to pay to have it repaired. I then asked if i could have some details on the report to understand what happened as there was no real explanation and i believe i was speaking with a sales rep rather than a technician which was fine. I then received an email asking me to fill out the DJI Analysis Form, to quote "According to our technical support staff, they require our good customer to fill out attached data questionnaire for better analysis."

Has anyone else come across this? and does it seem odd that they are asking for it at this point when they have already stated i should pay for repairs? If they were able to establish i would have to pay for repairs then i don't know what they would need my analysis for?

Very odd. Sounds like they did things in backwards order. Classic case of the left hand doesn't know what the right is doing. I'd request to speak to a supervisor to plead your case. At the very least to get some clear answers as to what happened. Squeaky wheel gets the grease and who knows you may convince them to comp the repairs. Just a thought

Reactions: atki
Good News !

Just incase anyone comes across something similar...

I heard back from DJI again today with the news that they would repair the drone for free !

I still don't know exactly what happened, and hopefully they get back to me with some kind of report, but very thankful for the free repairs.

for the record, in my experience although it may have taken time and a bit of questioning of DJI's responses, they were very thorough and i felt as though they genuinely wanted to help. For anyone else with troubles i would send your drone back and just be patient to try and find out what has happened.

Cheers, and thanks for everyone's input into my accident.

I think Xave was correct.. Glad to hear the positive outcome for a fellow Aussie!

Reactions: Pete44
I didnt look at the log, but it seems noone came up with anything there. The only clue is the stripped prop that obviously came off. Seems the lesson here has been come across many times... don't tighten the props with the wrench. It is for removal, no installation!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl