P3 pro. In storage 2 years

Reaction score
My P3 has been in closet for 2 years. I took it out charged batteries. Charged RC Opened up app on phone. Power will not stay on RC or aircraft

Not being a smarty pants here but if you have not flown in a couple of years, are you using the double press to power on? Someone I know had done exactly that and had forgotten the startup procedure.

Professional - Controller not holding charge
It's a very real possibility that the Li batteries have degraded. If controller works while charger is plugged in but won't power up without it, you'll need a new battery.
For the drone batteries, if the single-press shows full charge outside the aircraft but cannot power it up when inserted, ditto.

Here’s hoping the double press (remote and drone) gets you in the air. ?
Good luck.

Reactions: BillyN
Knackered LiPos! In two years they will have self discharged below the point of no return! You may be able to charge/discharge them a few times to bring them back to life using a Smart Charger but I doubt it ?

We do get this question very often, so the double press procedure is also the first thing I think of when it comes up. :)

> The battery button serves several purposes. Double press (press, release, press and hold) to power on the battery. Press once and release to check the current level of charge. Press once and hold for a full 5 seconds to check the remaining battery life.

Also as noted however, not maintaining the batteries for that long of time could have done irreparable harm. :-(

Reactions: JoBe
Good bet the batteries are just too far gone. Yo need to charge them once in a while. 40-60% is the idea Long Term Storage charge.

Reactions: Mark The Droner
update on this one??

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic