P3 charger

Reaction score
Hi
Is the P3 charger- a charger or a power supply? as there is no balance option on the charger

What is the name of the charging plug that goes to the battery?

My guess is its a proprietary design. That way of course they can make more money. But also they don't want anyone just picking up any old charger off the shelf because their are several things that need to match up or you could cause damage. (voltages amps and what not I am not an electrician)

Did the same. Made custom connectors using Anderson connectors and use my Icharger to charge the P 3 battery. You can charge at up to 6 amps which is much faster than the stock charger. Did the same on my P2V+ batteries with no issues.

Careful with custom chargers- charging higher than manufacturer charge rate could cause heat >fire. Usually most safe way to charge lipo is at 1C (0.01 x mah printed on battery)

So to confirm battery runs at 15.2v, P2P charger sits at 17.4v 100w?

As I'm getting the P2A and extra batteries are a 'to be' item at this point I will likely go this direction too to limit the pain.

Tried to hook 3 packs to my power supply with 17.5 v. The second green light started to flash saying over current.

Careful with custom chargers- charging higher than manufacturer charge rate could cause heat >fire. Usually most safe way to charge lipo is at 1C (0.01 x mah printed on battery)

You can't charge the p3 or p2 batterys any higher then the internal charge circuit will draw. It will only take what ever its max rate is. and thats only for the first part of the charge then it starts to taper down the more and more charged it gets.

I charge my p2 battery's directly off a bank of 12v deep cycle battery's in my truck camper when I'm camping which can be as much as 200amps easy being that when I run my huge 3000w inverter off the same bank it draws that much when I'm running it at full output.. and the phantom battery's still don't charge any faster then about 5amps per hour per battery which is just a tiny bit faster then the stock charger can charge a single battery off ac.

and my home built multi battery ac to dc power supply that I use for my p2 battery's at home puts out up to 30amps at 13 volts and when charging a single battery or 3 they still don't charge any faster then the max rate the battery's internal charger will let them draw.

Grantastic,
> most safe way to charge lipo is at 1C (0.01 x mah printed on battery
0.001 x mAh (1 x Ah), typo?

caffeinated, Eytan:
> P2P charger sits at 17.4v 100w?
Actually 17.5V 5.7A (100W).
The black box maybe a "dumb AC/DC adapter," not charger - it seems not to communicate with battery. IMHO the battery pack includes controller and it does everything about charge control. So basically, adding not too high voltage and enough current, it may work (even too high voltage, the controller shuts down) and maybe safe.

P2A includes 57W (3.26A) box, and that means, first the controller try to take 5.7A current but only 3.3A, the controller may go into "slow charge mode."
On the case Eytan used 3 parallel hook, not enough current (1.9A) per a battery, and the 2nd LED actually seems to show "not enough current from the box" - sure, "Over current detected" on the manual P. 20, it's short current for battery but over current for the box. :)

The above are all my guess. Do anything by your own responsibility. ;-)

I connected one pack via the parallel vonnector. The power supply can give 50 amps... but i cant limit the current. First second it showed like its taking 12 amps and short after stopped and thexsecond green light flashed

OK,

Double post, double comment...

The output voltage appears high - 26vdc.

It seems you'll need to adjust it?

Edit: corrected voltage

Last edited:
Reactions: bbfpv
Possibly P3 battery (controller) accepts that voltage; 18V & 27V is only x1.5 times difference, and sometimes switching power regulator accepts x2 voltage. But if not, the battery may show over voltage warning and shuts down, and this will be junk...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.