P3 Battery Life

Reaction score
So why doesn't the P3 with upgraded battery, lighter platform, and more efficient motors, have a much longer flight time over it's predecessors?

loads a reasons, lighbridge, new glonass gps , the new ultrasonic sensors, the list goes on. just jump on the dji website and compare the 2 specs and you will wonder how the hell the P3 can stay in the air that long.

loads a reasons, lighbridge, new glonass gps , the new ultrasonic sensors, the list goes on. just jump on the dji website and compare the 2 specs and you will wonder how the hell the P3 can stay in the air that long.
Boy I can't wait till some of you guys get yours to see just what the real world times of these batteries and other features do !!
I see what the specs are but till I see yawl posting with one in your hands with real flights under your belts those specs are just that !
Just to me anyway ;)

It will be about 15 to 18 mins in my mind. Anything more will be a bonus. They state up to 23 mins so 15 mins probably won't be to far wrong.

That's what me be thinking and maybe it won't be long before we see !! ;)
I haven't even pulled the trigger or really got the extra funds to right now
to but the wait on everyone else to get there's so I can see is about to kill me o_O;)

Not even sure why I asked. Five minutes after I send my bird out on a GS run, I'm more nervous than a mom who's kid is late for curfew.

From the link above, "Right now I am getting almost 17 minutes on a new battery that is not conditioned. The App said that I have 2 more minutes until I hit 10%. I am not pushing a new lipo that hard. I was also not just hovering around but doing hard punch outs, and FFF, about 14m/s which is close to the P3 maps speed."

Someone needs to ask Tahoe Ed how he "conditions" his batteries and afterwards, how many more minutes he expects to be in the air (safely).

Last edited:
Not even sure why I asked. Five minutes after I send my bird out on a GS run, I'm more nervous than a mom who's kid is late for curfew.

From the link above, "Right now I am getting almost 17 minutes on a new battery that is not conditioned. The App said that I have 2 more minutes until I hit 10%. I am not pushing a new lipo that hard. I was also not just hovering around but doing hard punch outs, and FFF, about 14m/s which is close to the P3 maps speed."

Someone needs to ask Tahoe Ed how he "conditions" his batteries and afterwards, how many more minutes he expects to be in the air (safely).
Hit 10%? I usually fly my p2v+ maximum until 25% to avoid rth or auto landing...10% is too low imho.

So why doesn't the P3 with upgraded battery, lighter platform, and more efficient motors, have a much longer flight time over it's predecessors?

The P3 does have an upgraded battery, from 3S to 4S. The mah is down abit but the weight and dimension dji saved, I am sure will offset the differences. Motors are new and redesigned for the p3 as well, they are more efficient and pack more power.

In terms of lighter platform, they did put more hardware into the p3, lightbridge and the sonar sensors, so little added weight is not that big of a deal I guess.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav