P2v+ Salt water dip HELP!!!!!!

Reaction score
my p2v+ just had a dip in some salt water, lost sight of her getting sunrise shots. It happened 10 mins ago. The camera and under carriage went into the water, camera fully submerged and undercarriage enough that she was dripping water out, a good bit. Props didn't and was able to pull her back up under her own power. Camera feed went dead but I still had tx control to get her back. Battery taken straight out but what now??? Open her and under the tap and dry out with rice for 2 days???
All help very much appreciated!!!

my p2v+ just had a dip in some salt water, lost sight of her getting sunrise shots. It happened 10 mins ago. The camera and under carriage went into the water, camera fully submerged and undercarriage enough that she was dripping water out, a good bit. Props didn't and was able to pull her back up under her own power. Camera feed went dead but I still had tx control to get her back. Battery taken straight out but what now??? Open her and under the tap and dry out with rice for 2 days???
All help very much appreciated!!!

We just had a gentleman in the other day that crashed his P2 into the ocean in Florida. He called us up immediately asking for any assistance. We had him rinse down the unit with fresh water and drop it in a big bucket of rice for 72 hours. He then sent us the unit for us to do some in depth testing on, about 85% of the craft was perfectly fine. Most surprisingly, the gimbal still worked 100%. Rich works magic but I think the other key thing is rinsing it with fresh water to prevent any corrosion.

Hopefully this helps and let us know in a couple of days how things turn out. Best of luck! :D

Reactions: Mal_PV2_Ireland
We just had a gentleman in the other day that crashed his P2 into the ocean in Florida. He called us up immediately asking for any assistance. We had him rinse down the unit with fresh water and drop it in a big bucket of rice for 72 hours. He then sent us the unit for us to do some in depth testing on, about 85% of the craft was perfectly fine. Most surprisingly, the gimbal still worked 100%. Rich works magic but I think the other key thing is rinsing it with fresh water to prevent any corrosion.

Hopefully this helps and let us know in a couple of days how things turn out. Best of luck! :D
Cheers mate, I'm just a few mins away from getting it into a big sink of fresh water

Reactions: claws and Advexure
All help appreciated, she's in a bag of rice the last 20 hours. I'll take her out of it on Monday and keep the fingers crossed till then

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj