P2V+ Didn't want to start, then camera out of level

Reaction score
Anyone had this problem? First I set up like I normally do, and everything seemed normal until I went to start the props, and nothing happened.

After moving the drone around, and turning it in case it was compass related, it started, but didn't act like it had satellite lock even though I was showing 9 on the display in blue.

Then just downloaded the pictures, and seems like the horizon is out of level. Do I have a bad chip or sensor?

I use a Galaxy s5 as my phone, it just upgraded to version 5.0 of android, and it seemed like it was having trouble too as the app crashed twice during all this. All in all a confidence shaking day after a year of use with almost no problems.

I was going to buy the P3 since the drone is pretty integral to our real estate business, and this might hurry me along. Thanks in advance for any advice or links to other threads where this has been discussed.

Yes, both switches were up. I'm going to test it out today to see if the same stuff is going on. It's acted funny once before, drifting a lot in the wind when it had a good gps lock. I'm wondering if there's something wrong with the compass sensor - I remember reading that turning it around might be needed to reset the compass, and that's eventually what got it to come on. But the pictures and video out of level would suggest something is still wrong.

No I have not... will try today. Thanks for the reminder!

The Phantom Assistant did find a problem with the compass - after downloading updates, installing, and calibrating, it went away. I lost the binding between the camera, extender and phone, but was able after several tries to get them to bind again using the reset button on the extender and the QR code on the bottom of the camera. I hope any else with similar problems tries to repeat the fixes several times before giving up.

Flew yesterday, it's back to working like it used to - the compass malfunction was definitely affecting it's flight before it refused to start.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic