P2 Battery Issues

Reaction score
I have read through a thread on a similar theme, but not quite identical. I have stored my P2 and three batteries for about twelve months with a full charge. Is that a bad thing?

So of my three batteries two have discharging issues, and one is fine. All stored in same conditions.

With the two faulty batteries after 30seconds flight time, the red battery warning lights (bow lights), start to flash, and the UAV drops and lands automatically.

I have plugged in the assistant app and analysed the battery section. Battery says 92% life, with 25 discharge cycles. So should be a healthy battery, or is this life indicator a bit of a curve-ball? In the screen-grab attached, the battery says percentage of charge 0% (after the full throttle test below) - which isn't true as the battery switches on and I can run the UAV at full throttle on this battery - I did read the battery will shutdown before it reaches low voltage - perhaps this is what has happened here.

I have recycled the batteries, as per the instructions, attempting to re-calibrate.

I tied down the UAV onto a table and went to full throttle. This is the battery indicator status, approx...

All 4 green lights on 0-30secs;
3 green lights on 30-90secs;
2 green lights 90-120secs;
1 green light at 120-600secs, with full UAV warning (so in the sky it would have force landed by now).

So basically it will fly for approximately 2mins - although reality it is nearer 30secs.

As I say, one of the three batteries performs perfectly, retains charge, etc., so am confident it is not the UAV.

Any ideas how to get the other two batteries working again? Screen capture attached for one of the batteries, but two are performing very much the same.

Cheers, Phill

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-07-10 at 07.59.56.png
    Screen Shot 2017-07-10 at 07.59.56.png
    402.2 KB · Views: 311
Storing fully charged for 12 months is not good, my P4 batteries auto discharges after a preset time, usually up to 10 days.
Good luck

I have read through a thread on a similar theme, but not quite identical. I have stored my P2 and three batteries for about twelve months with a full charge. Is that a bad thing?

So of my three batteries two have discharging issues, and one is fine. All stored in same conditions.

With the two faulty batteries after 30seconds flight time, the red battery warning lights (bow lights), start to flash, and the UAV drops and lands automatically.

I have plugged in the assistant app and analysed the battery section. Battery says 92% life, with 25 discharge cycles. So should be a healthy battery, or is this life indicator a bit of a curve-ball? In the screen-grab attached, the battery says percentage of charge 0% (after the full throttle test below) - which isn't true as the battery switches on and I can run the UAV at full throttle on this battery - I did read the battery will shutdown before it reaches low voltage - perhaps this is what has happened here.

I have recycled the batteries, as per the instructions, attempting to re-calibrate.

I tied down the UAV onto a table and went to full throttle. This is the battery indicator status, approx...

All 4 green lights on 0-30secs;
3 green lights on 30-90secs;
2 green lights 90-120secs;
1 green light at 120-600secs, with full UAV warning (so in the sky it would have force landed by now).

So basically it will fly for approximately 2mins - although reality it is nearer 30secs.

As I say, one of the three batteries performs perfectly, retains charge, etc., so am confident it is not the UAV.

Any ideas how to get the other two batteries working again? Screen capture attached for one of the batteries, but two are performing very much the same.

Cheers, Phill

You'll need to replace all your batteries since you stored them for 12 months with a full charge. Batteries should be stored at 50% charge and checked at least once a month to make sure they haven't drained down below 8 percent.

Replace both batteries as there's no way you will get those working again and I wouldn't trust the other one either.

You need to fully discharge the bat until only red light flashes then recharge !do it several times then try again.worked for me!! if that don't work then replace!

You need to fully discharge the bat until only red light flashes then recharge !do it several times then try again.worked for me!! if that don't work then replace!

When Li-po batteries are left fully charged for 12 months they will deteriorate and no longer hold a charge.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl