P1 battery question

Reaction score
I have 3 P1 phantoms. I have 9 stock batteries ...2200 mah and 2 4000mah . Haven't flown for a couple of weeks due to weather and being busy. Some of
these batteries are from when I got my first P1 in April 2014. Some batteries have not been used in a long while. I decided to check them all for voltage . None were stored at full charge. They are at different charges depending on how long I flew them. I never charge after flight. Anyway. ...cell voltage on all batteries seem close to the others in same pack. No cell is less than 3.76 and some as high as 4.16. Total pack voltage is as low as 11.3 and as high as 12.4v. I don't see me flying real soon due to weather. My question is..should I just leave batteries as they are until I need to fly ...or charge and discharge them again. I know that just reading the voltages will not tell me the capacity of the battery under load. I will have to keep track of each pack while flying to
see how it performs.

Last edited:
[/QUOTE}My question is..should I just leave batteries as they are until I need to fly ...or charge and discharge them again. I know that just reading the voltages will not tell me the capacity of the battery under load. I will have to keep track of each pack while flying to
see how it performs.[/QUOTE]

Assuming your P1 batteries are the same as standard Ni-MH race car batteries, here's my experience: I've not paid any attention to their charging state. Now, 10 years later, they still work just fine in my large scale model train locomotives. I have never intentionally discharged them, sometimes months have gone by when I haven't used them, sometimes I have fully charged them, then didn't use them for weeks or months. In other words, maybe you don't need to worry about the charged state of your P1 batteries, contrary to how it is very necessary to be very concerned about P2, P3, and now P4 batteries.

[/QUOTE}My question is..should I just leave batteries as they are until I need to fly ...or charge and discharge them again. I know that just reading the voltages will not tell me the capacity of the battery under load. I will have to keep track of each pack while flying to
see how it performs.

Assuming your P1 batteries are the same as standard Ni-MH race car batteries, here's my experience: I've not paid any attention to their charging state. Now, 10 years later, they still work just fine in my large scale model train locomotives. I have never intentionally discharged them, sometimes months have gone by when I haven't used them, sometimes I have fully charged them, then didn't use them for weeks or months. In other words, maybe you don't need to worry about the charged state of your P1 batteries, contrary to how it is very necessary to be very concerned about P2, P3, and now P4 batteries.[/QUOTE]
see how it performs.

Assuming your P1 batteries are the same as standard Ni-MH race car batteries, here's my experience: I've not paid any attention to their charging state. Now, 10 years later, they still work just fine in my large scale model train locomotives. I have never intentionally discharged them, sometimes months have gone by when I haven't used them, sometimes I have fully charged them, then didn't use them for weeks or months. In other words, maybe you don't need to worry about the charged state of your P1 batteries, contrary to how it is very necessary to be very concerned about P2, P3, and now P4 batteries.[/QUOTE]
All of the P1 batteries are Lipos

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj