P-4 Advanced image "weirdrdness"

Reaction score
Hey y'all. Craziness happening.I recently traded for a P4A,and when i got it,the only lens was a super dark {nd16 maybe} lens on it.It was loose in the frame also. I've had loads of problems getting any useable image on it. Today,i removed the super dark lens,and flew her up a few hundred feet up,trying to get some kind of idea of what kind of settings to use to get something useable. I reset the camera to default,and started taking some test photos. I'm using an IPad mini2,and ,finally,I got a few photos that i was happy with. When I went to D/L them off the sd card,they were so over exposed that they were all but a white screen,with a few details of what i had taken.BUT,when viewed on the screen while flying,they looked great,but when looked at on the ground,OVER EXPOSED!!!!!! WHAT? Do i have a bad camera? I.ve been flying DJI products for years,and have owned everything from a P1 to an Inspire, And i have never seen anything like this.I'm thinking i just don't understand the 1" sensor.How can it look good on the screen,and be a white screen with only a few bits and pieces of the original photo. I need help y'all. Thanks in advance.

Today,i removed the super dark lens,and flew her up a few hundred feet up,trying to get some kind of idea of what kind of settings to use to get something useable.
I'm thinking i just don't understand the 1" sensor.How can it look good on the screen,and be a white screen with only a few bits and pieces of the original photo. I need help y'all. Thanks in advance.
There's nothing unusual about the 1" sensor. It shouldn't cause any trouble or mystery.
The camera should have a clear UV filter on and if you are flying, you need that to protect the lens from bugs, dust and salt spray etc.
One would think that if the image looks good on your liveview, it should also look good downloaded from the SD card.
I can't work out what's wrong from your story so far.
If you have things set to overexpose, it should look overexposed on the iPad.

Try setting the camera to aperture priority and take some test photos on the ground, then click the little arrow down in bottom right of the screen to see how they look.

Reactions: Mrdronennut
Ok. Here's an "update".
When videoing,the quality comes out on the screen and sd card replay EXACTLY the same. No wash out,no over exposure. When I do the photo, live image is great. Sd card is still washed out.
Hmmmmmmm. Makes no sense.

Try exposing using the histogram. My guess is your screen is hard to see so you're setting camera so feed is visible which will make the picture overexposed????

When videoing,the quality comes out on the screen and sd card replay EXACTLY the same. No wash out,no over exposure. When I do the photo, live image is great. Sd card is still washed out.
Hmmmmmmm. Makes no sense.
You're right - it makes no sense.
Can you post some screenshots like this showing your camera settings for stills and for video
i-mkhpmCg-M.png

Ok. Update.problem fixed.
Turn off mechanical shutter. Problem with recent update caused mechanical shutter problem.

Reactions: Pharm

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT