Ordered Galaxy Tab S and iPad Air 2... What to use...

Reaction score
Like the title says. I called Verizon today and ordered both tablets which will arrive tomorrow with my P3A. Im not a huge Apple fan but I figured I would try it so I ordered it. Then after talking to DJI they say the App wont be on IOS until late next week. Being greedy I called Verizon back and ordered the Galaxy Tab S. This tablet will be used 90% of the time for the Phantom. After reading and watching the comparison videos on youtube of both the tablets it seems that the iPad performs quite a bit better and is faster as well. I have a Galaxy S5 so im thinking of just using the S5 for FPV until the app is released for IOS. Either way I will have both tomorrow but if I decide I wont even open one and just send it back. What are your thoughts on the 2 tablets?

TAB S Has a sim Slot for mobile data.... So once Ground station is working from the DJI app.... you'll have on-line access to google maps.... :)

TAB S has a 8 core processor too. and the best screen I've seen so far...

Reactions: Louis_Eng
I just received a refurbished Tab S that I bought from Best Buy. It's really sharp - super fast with a clear, bright screen. I sure that it'll work well with the P3.

Reactions: Louis_Eng
Yeah I think you are right. I think I will stick with the Tab S. I forgot for a moment that the iPad doesn't have a micro sd card slot. I go to northern Michigan allot and it will be nice to put the sd card in the Tab S rather than haul my Alienware Laptop around. I guess this is an easier decision than I thought.

Like the title says. I called Verizon today and ordered both tablets which will arrive tomorrow with my P3A. Im not a huge Apple fan but I figured I would try it so I ordered it. Then after talking to DJI they say the App wont be on IOS until late next week. Being greedy I called Verizon back and ordered the Galaxy Tab S. This tablet will be used 90% of the time for the Phantom. After reading and watching the comparison videos on youtube of both the tablets it seems that the iPad performs quite a bit better and is faster as well. I have a Galaxy S5 so im thinking of just using the S5 for FPV until the app is released for IOS. Either way I will have both tomorrow but if I decide I wont even open one and just send it back. What are your thoughts on the 2 tablets?

That's funny because I recently bought a galaxy tab s for my wife, who quickly grew frustrated with it. Returned it to Amazon and ordered the iPad Air 2 today.

That's funny because I recently bought a galaxy tab s for my wife, who quickly grew frustrated with it. Returned it to Amazon and ordered the iPad Air 2 today.
I understand. I'm an Apple guy but bought a cheap Android tablet for the drone. My neighbors both have had Android phones and told me they are garbage. They recently switched to Apple. I bought a cheap tablet and it happens to be an Android. I can beat the $hit out of it and not worry about scratching up my idevices

Toledo, here.... What typs of Tab S do you have, I've got the Galaxy s3 Tab, which has a lot of glare from the screen.

The naming of Samsung's devices can be confusing. The Tab S is the Tab S. The only variation is the size - 8.5 or 10.5.

The Tab S is Samsung's latest tablet. It is super-fast and has a very bright, sharp "AMOLED" screen.

-- Roger

Why not just get a Nexus 7? It's android and cheap.
Nexus is a great solution but not best. Probably better bang for buck than Tab S.

But I just got rid of my Nexus 7 for a Tab S and the brightness of the screen alone makes it a superior tablet for FPV.

So I guess it comes down to what you want to spend and can afford.

Hey guys Im 15 minutes south of Ann Arbor in Milan. I work in Dundee which is 17 miles north of Toledo.

BTW guys I am Detroit. I was on my work computer like I am now and for the life of me I could not figure out what email I used so I created this account. My wife found my email so I will be back on the Detroit name. Is there any way I can delete this account?

Last edited:
My apologies everyone from now on I will use my original name. I cant wait to get off at 6 to fly. My wife is home waiting for the Fed EX man now! When he comes she is going to run up here and deliver it to me!!!!! I will get it all charged up so when the clock strikes 6 I will be ready!! Thankfully I only live 6 miles from my job!! I'm 30 years old and I couldn't sleep last night! I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve!.

The naming of Samsung's devices can be confusing. The Tab S is the Tab S. The only variation is the size - 8.5 or 10.5.

The Tab S is Samsung's latest tablet. It is super-fast and has a very bright, sharp "AMOLED" screen.

-- Roger
My daughter has the 8.5 with the amoled screen, haven't tried it with the phantom yet, mine is the galaxy s3 (older), but still works great.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31