Nvidia Shield vs Samsung Tab S

Reaction score
Anyone have chance/info to compare screen brightness of the Tab S vs the Nvidia Shield.
Thanks

I've got the Samsung Tab S2 and its a pain in the *** every time I try to connect to my P4. I'd say its a 50% success rate. Not sure about the Tab S but just an fyi...

I've got the Samsung Tab S2 and its a pain in the *** every time I try to connect to my P4. I'd say its a 50% success rate. Not sure about the Tab S but just an fyi...

I have the same tab and connection is a breeze (once you figure it out). Try this. Fire up the controller and bird. Let the two connect. Then connect to the tablet. Choose DJI "always" then, hold the side button on the tablet till you see "restart" hit restart. The tablet will reboot and when you swipe to open the screen you should be connected and see the birds camera view.
It sounds like a pain but it's not bad. My quads are usually just getting the greenlights when I connect, so it's not that big a deal to me. Pretty quick.

I have the same tab and connection is a breeze (once you figure it out). Try this. Fire up the controller and bird. Let the two connect. Then connect to the tablet. Choose DJI "always" then, hold the side button on the tablet till you see "restart" hit restart. The tablet will reboot and when you swipe to open the screen you should be connected and see the birds camera view.
It sounds like a pain but it's not bad. My quads are usually just getting the greenlights when I connect, so it's not that big a deal to me. Pretty quick.
Thanks that worked great!! Appreciate it.

Reactions: Indiana_pyro
Aaah. I have Litchi, but never had that. When you open Go I assume you open to camera page, then minimize(not close) and go to flying site?
Thanks

Aaah. I have Litchi, but never had that. When you open Go I assume you open to camera page, then minimize(not close) and go to flying site?
Thanks
I haven't actually flown using a third-party app yet so not exactly sure of the process, but when I first downloaded Drone Deploy the next time I connected it asked me which one I would like to use, and it gives you the option of "Always" or "Just this once" on Android. If you plan on switching back and forth I'd hit "Just this once". Never used Litchi though so maybe someone else can fill you in on that.

I haven't actually flown using a third-party app yet so not exactly sure of the process, but when I first downloaded Drone Deploy the next time I connected it asked me which one I would like to use, and it gives you the option of "Always" or "Just this once" on Android. If you plan on switching back and forth I'd hit "Just this once". Never used Litchi though so maybe someone else can fill you in on that.

For the purpose of connecting with the Samsung Tab S2 - mine works better when you select "Always" regardless if you using Litchi or Go, then when you restart it automatically goes to the app you just selected and connects right away. If you want to change and fly with another app it's not a problem, just clear out the default from the app you used previously.

For the purpose of connecting with the Samsung Tab S2 - mine works better when you select "Always" regardless if you using Litchi or Go, then when you restart it automatically goes to the app you just selected and connects right away. If you want to change and fly with another app it's not a problem, just clear out the default from the app you used previously.
I've flown 5 or 6 times since you gave me that trick and I havent had an issue once! I just keep the tablet off until the bird and rc are connected and it connects immediately. Thanks again!

Yes sir, no problem.

I almost broke my tablet in half tring to figure it out in the beginning, from different cables to maybe some setting that was wrong, nothing worked. Actually, I accidently restarted the tablet and it connected right up.

Reactions: TyInTheSky
Connection issue seems to be a common one with many Samsungs. I have the same issue with my Tab E. In many situations, such as caching map data, rebooting the tablet isn't desirable. Much of the time rebooting the RC a few times gets the tab connected. It is as if an app or process is trying to 'help' with setting up the USB connection but gets it wrong but if the Go app grabs the USB before this process kicks in, you're good.

Connection issue seems to be a common one with many Samsungs. I have the same issue with my Tab E. In many situations, such as caching map data, rebooting the tablet isn't desirable. Much of the time rebooting the RC a few times gets the tab connected. It is as if an app or process is trying to 'help' with setting up the USB connection but gets it wrong but if the Go app grabs the USB before this process kicks in, you're good.

Ya, may be true, but I have Internet service on my tablet so restart isn't a problem at all and it's a lot faster and less aggravating than restarting the rc multiple times not knowing when it might connect. You are right about an app or process acting like its tring to help and if I could find it I would forever kill it.

Last edited:
I currently fly with both of those tablets now and the tab s is definitely brighter then the shield. I still prefer the shield because of the size but I do fly with tab s from time to time. In direct sunlight I'll take the tab s out because of how bright the screen gets.

I currently fly with both of those tablets now and the tab s is definitely brighter then the shield. I still prefer the shield because of the size but I do fly with tab s from time to time. In direct sunlight I'll take the tab s out because of how bright the screen gets.
thanks. Do you use the hdmi output of the shield?

I just got a nexus 7 and its pretty bright. Used it once in broad daylight, no sunscreen necessary. But it was partly cloudy.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94