Not impressed :( AVL58, RX-5802, and H3-2D

Thanks GhostMaster ! Hearing you can get 2k with the 5802 makes me feel better. Sounding more and more like the avl58 is the main culprit. I'm using high grade clover leaf antennas along with a directional spiral plane for receiver B on the 5802.

Finally got my Boscam Rx-5802 back! Here's what I got. Fatshark Spiros on AVL58 and Boscam Rx- B antenna Sprionet. the Boscam A antenna has the Circular Wireless Helical.

I tuned to channel 8 on Tx and on boscam C-1 Diversity AB. (the boscam doesn't necessarily tune to the correct channel) BAM!!!!! Clear reception up to 800m with trees and foliage in the way! I didn't test out further but i'm sure if i kept in Line of sight I would have been much farther.

I'm getting this week a RHCP 5.8 GHZ tx Pinwheel 90° connector from fpvlr.com . I'm hoping i can get better range regardless of orientation because it seems to be a longer antenna and with the right angle connector I can go straight down below the H2 Gimbal.

Sweet! Thanks for all the advice.

Channel 8 on AVL58, Channel C1 on Boscam 5802 w/ Circular Wireless Helical and Spironet, and now the RHCP 5.8 GHZ tx Pinwheel 90° SMA from fpvlr.com. I have to say the setup looks really good on my phantom with extended gears.

It sits perfectly under the gimbal and still has ground clearance with the extended legs. Can't wait to test out. it's raining OUT.

Got perfect signal with foliage at 800m but when turned around it I got Fuzz... hoping this will rectify that.

Attachments

• photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    49 KB · Views: 306
d4ddyo said:
Sweet! Thanks for all the advice.

Channel 8 on AVL58, Channel C1 on Boscam 5802 w/ Circular Wireless Helical and Spironet, and now the RHCP 5.8 GHZ tx Pinwheel 90° SMA from fpvlr.com. I have to say the setup looks really good on my phantom with extended gears.

It sits perfectly under the gimbal and still has ground clearance with the extended legs. Can't wait to test out. it's raining OUT.

Got perfect signal with foliage at 800m but when turned around it I got Fuzz... hoping this will rectify that.

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 286
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    49 KB · Views: 333
I am happy to report that since ordering the Circular Wireless 5.8ghz FPV Antenna - Helical along with a clover leaf, on AVL channel 8 and 5802 Channel c-1, my range and image issues are GONE! YAY! I did notice (placebo perhaps) that placing the helical on "antenna A" and the CL on "Antenna B" did make a difference. I am now able to get a clear image at over 800 meters in any direction despite obstacles blocking line of sight. The biggest game changer for me was using Channel c-1 on the LCD5802 though. All other channels crap out at less than 50m for me. Thanks to all of you for your support!

chad556 said:
I am happy to report that since ordering the Circular Wireless 5.8ghz FPV Antenna - Helical along with a clover leaf, on AVL channel 8 and 5802 Channel c-1, my range and image issues are GONE! YAY! I did notice (placebo perhaps) that placing the helical on "antenna A" and the CL on "Antenna B" did make a difference. I am now able to get a clear image at over 800 meters in any direction despite obstacles blocking line of sight. The biggest game changer for me was using Channel c-1 on the LCD5802 though. All other channels crap out at less than 50m for me. Thanks to all of you for your support!

Same for me. LOL. yeah.. I have the Helical on A. fly your phantom behind you but keep the helical pointed away from the phantom and watch it switch to B.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1