Not Enough Reference Points

Reaction score
Hi All,

I recently surveyed a building that had white walls, the pointcloud didn’t have enough reference points to create a model due to everything being white... how can I avoid this in future?

That’s a good question. I’ve had the same problem over water. What model are you flying and what is your processing software? I fly with the P4 RTK and the RTK-2 base station and use Pix4D for processing. With the sub-inch location precision it does really well with processing photos with a lot of water, but does have problems when the picture is all water.

All I can figure to try is to fly further away from building so it pick up more features in a picture?

I recently surveyed a building that had white walls, the pointcloud didn’t have enough reference points to create a model due to everything being white... how can I avoid this in future?
Is there subtle detail on the building walls?
How was the exposure in the individual images?
If over-exposed and there is some detail to work with, you might get better results in different light and/or slightly underexposing.

Try in different time of the day when the sun is not directly over the part you are filming. Try some ND filters and test different exposures.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.