Not enough power to return home message..

Reaction score
Interesting that I get this message some time. I have had it come on with about 60% power and had the copter hovering less than 100 feet from where I am standing. I just hit OK and then nothing happens. Not sure what to make of it. Seeing how likely I won't be flying to far out of line of sight I wonder if it really matters. It doesn't trigger the auto land..... Anyone else had this issue?

catchingchrome said:
Interesting that I get this message some time. I have had it come on with about 60% power and had the copter hovering less than 100 feet from where I am standing. I just hit OK and then nothing happens. Not sure what to make of it. Seeing how likely I won't be flying to far out of line of sight I wonder if it really matters. It doesn't trigger the auto land..... Anyone else had this issue?

It comes on to let you know you are flying beyond the point in which the quad can return home safely based on distance & remaining battery level. If you have it come on while only 100ft from your set home point is, then you may have other issues.

I have had this happen. I discovered it was a bad battery in my case.

RB

I have it happen only when I have selected dynamic home point. I reported the issue to DJI and they never responded. It happens everytime I am in DHP regardless of what battery I am using. Its a message that I ignore without negative consequences. It is one reason I no longer select DHP.

that's pretty interesting because I have dynamic home. Set to I'll try taking it off and seeing if it makes a difference either way I haven't had any issues because I just ignore it because I know the battery is still reading that it has more than enough power.

Either it had no idea that home was 100 feet away or there's an intermittent problem with the battery.

Maybe it could be a battery, but in my case I know for a fact that it isn't. Select DHP, problem happens every time. Remove DHP, no problem. Tested this over 30 flights, maybe more. The last 20 flights where I did not select DHP, no problem. Same set of batteries. That being said, I think it has to do with the combination of devices and the lack of consistency in the parts installed in each machine by DJI. Whatever is on the shelf, they put in the machine. Some owners may have the correct combination that works, others do not. That's the Chinese way. And we pay for it.

I noticed this happen the other day. I'll have to pay attention to that battery in the future. I have never set dynamic home point. Not even sure how to do that lol.

I had that happen to me yesterday on Tuesday as I had when had selected dynamic home point as I will shut that off tomorrow since I now know what caused it, And LostAngel you can change this setting in the Setting - Dynamic Home Point on the Vision + app on your phone or what ever device you are using for Flight Control

I've had this happen a couple of times, most recently the bird was hovering less than 10 feet from me as I had brought it back to double-check battery lights which were (50 to 75% and the batteries have < 10 cycles on them).

I don't normally use DHP, I don't want my phone suddenly telling the Phantom that home is hundreds of miles away. My routine after starting is to wait for 2nd set green flashes, check hover, go away 20 meters and come home on home lock, then do the same in the opposite direction. That way I know home is set and I don't want it changing unless I do so manually using S2.

It's POSSIBLE that DHP got set on the couple of occasions I got the issue. I'll check next time.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl