Northern Colorado/Rocky Mountain flights

Reaction score
I'm looking to put together flights through the Rocky Mountains/Roosevelt National Forest/Pawnee National Grasslands. I live in the Loveland/Fort Collins area, within 30 miles of Rocky Mountain National Park. Obviously park flights are banned, but there's still thousands of rugged square miles to cover.

I'm new with a Phantom, but experienced at putting together group functions & generally a nice guy. Fun is pretty much guaranteed. Drop me line if you're interested.

Howdy,
A big welcome to the forum. It's a wild and crazy place to hang out.
Which Phantom are you flying?

I'm interested. I'm up by Casper, WY. I'm flying a FC40 and having a ball at it.

When are you thinking? We just missed our Mid-Winter Spring weather. Bummer, it's 3 degrees now and the forecast doesn't show anything above 43 for the next week. I'm really busy right now on the ranch anyway.

Costello

Pleasure to meet ya! I just bought a Vision 2+. Wow, I'm impressed so far, but only have 4 flights down. I'm being obviously extra cautious as I am new to drones as well. However, I tried to be smart first. I bought a Syma X5C as my trainer, and surely annoyed the wife buzzing around the house. I'd practice landing on the washing machine/ flying from room to room/etc, to get control down. Now I want to unleash this DJI beast. :)

Up around Estes Park there are some great spots, with views of the Rockies that are amazing and still well outside RMNP boundaries. I know of one road that has a twisty, winding & steep descent that should look amazing if we launch from the top, and head down - photos & video. I'm also thinking of Colorado Ghost Towns by air, but those are more towards the central Rockies.

We've got decent snow up there, but it's going to be cold for awhile. What about end of March/early April area? What's great is that with the right application of technology, we can plan flights well in advance. I'm thinking of making a shared Google Map of locations. We can plan locations, routes, where to grab a bite for lunch, pretty much everything. If you have suggestions you can make them right there on the map. Then, weather permitting we meet in Loveland & drive on up to Estes Park. We'll already know exactly where we're going. Of course, if you have suggestions of locations in WY I'm game as well. I wouldn't have any clue where to fly. lol

Hi, I am in Evergreen and new to this. Just a few flights with my phantom under my belt. Would be interested in meeting somewhere and learning tricks and tips, ect. Also interested in FPV possibly. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I'm looking to put together flights through the Rocky Mountains/Roosevelt National Forest/Pawnee National Grasslands. I live in the Loveland/Fort Collins area, within 30 miles of Rocky Mountain National Park. Obviously park flights are banned, but there's still thousands of rugged square miles to cover.

I'm new with a Phantom, but experienced at putting together group functions & generally a nice guy. Fun is pretty much guaranteed. Drop me line if you're interested.

Hi there,

I'm down in Thornton, a short 35 min drive from Loveland. And I am also new at this, although I flew R/C heli's about 10 years ago for a short while, (Will trade 3 dusty Helis for P3 Batts! Ha ha) Got my P3P for Xmas, and have about 20 flights in so far, just around the neighborhood here. Been trying out all the different intelligent flight modes, and trying to learn everything I can. (I think the wife is regretting this present, not only is she getting non stop quad copter at home, she went back to work Monday only to have her coworkers start drilling her with questions about it... lol).

Posted my first video on you tube yesterday, which was really just my first attempt at a low attitude waypoint video mission, over ice and water. Talk about a pucker factor!

Anyway, I'd like to meet up with you sometime, and am definitely interested in getting up to a more scenic, and open location than Thornton... Feel free to message me and we'll exchange info.

C'mon Spring!

Reactions: Captain Knuppel
I'm in the Brighton area and would like to fly with others in northern Colorado as well.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I'm in aurora and pretty new to this.....would like to fly w/ others in the area. Flew in deer creek canyon yesterday, pretty awesome! Cheers

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I'm in Loveland as well... Just got my p3a last week and have been out to Pawnee 4 times already to get the hang of it. It's nice having miles and miles of open space with no trees but I'm itching to get into the mountains for some scenery.

Curious if anyone has some good spots in town between longmont and ft Collins? All the "open space" parks are restricted.

Hi everyone. My Fiancee and I are from Connecticut. We are eloping next week in the Estes Park area of Colorado. The ceremony is in Rocky Mountain National Park so we aren't allowed to get any drone video of the event. Do any of you know a nice location with great views of the mountains and possibly even a lake or stream where we would be allowed to film with a drone? As close to Estes Park as possible would be preferred. Thanks in advance!

Hi SaintChachi!
Is this thread still active? I live in Masonville, near Loveland and Ft Collins, CO. I'm looking for someone or a group to fly with. I've had my drone for about one year. Are you still interested? Have you put together a Phantom flying group?

glamotte

Reactions: Anthony L
This thread seems kind of dead. But has anyone flown up in Pawnee National Grassland lately? Is it still allowed there?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav