NorCal Road Trip

Some great views well done ?

Lived in the area for many years, left in 2004. Your video reminded me there are many places in California that are not packed with humanity. Well done!

Very nice, if you would like some constrictive advice:

When the sky is totally blown out (white, or even all blue with no clouds) keep the sky to 1/3 of the frame or less. (I even go to 25%... even down to 10% if the clouds are just completely white.

In photo and video remember the "thirds rule". Look at what is most interesting in the view and make that 2/3 of the frame. If the sky is fantastic, maybe even make the sky closer 2/3 of the frame.

Seldom do you see a 50/50 split in a photo or video unless there is a special view one is trying to show (Like a mirror lake, or something that looks more interesting 50/50 rather than the thirds rule).

Just some tips from some of the photo/video classes I took... and based on my own experience and industry "preferences".

Very nice, if you would like some constrictive advice:

When the sky is totally blown out (white, or even all blue with no clouds) keep the sky to 1/3 of the frame or less. (I even go to 25%... even down to 10% if the clouds are just completely white.

In photo and video remember the "thirds rule". Look at what is most interesting in the view and make that 2/3 of the frame. If the sky is fantastic, maybe even make the sky closer 2/3 of the frame.

Seldom do you see a 50/50 split in a photo or video unless there is a special view one is trying to show (Like a mirror lake, or something that looks more interesting 50/50 rather than the thirds rule).

Just some tips from some of the photo/video classes I took... and based on my own experience and industry "preferences".
Sounds like great advice, thank you!

Beautiful shots, how did you expose? Might have been worth closing down a bit to hold more of the sky, Give it a try next time

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31