Noob software question.

Reaction score
Just wondering a few questions.
1. Does the phantom 4 come with any software that we can do mission playing with, ie we draw on an google earth image or something an area we want it to fly a grid over to capture images?

2. Does the phantom 4 come with any software that can stitch together the images it takes into a single image?

3. Is there any free software or really cheap software that can do 1. and 2. if the phantom doesn't come with this software, or perhaps do it better then DJI software(if that is a thing) that is free or cheap?

It does not. DJI go flight app can flight plan although it is too basic for me. I use Litchi which is many times better for planning flights along with other cool features. Get it here: Litchi for DJI Mavic/Phantom/Inspire . Litchi web based flight planning is its greatest feature I use all the time. I did this video showing how it works for this.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It does not. DJI go flight app can flight plan although it is too basic for me. I use Litchi which is many times better for planning flights along with other cool features. Get it here: Litchi for DJI Mavic/Phantom/Inspire . Litchi web based flight planning is its greatest feature I use all the time. I did this video showing how it works for this.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

So you basically use that website to create your flight plan and then you upload it somehow to your DJI? Is this free?

Litchi I think is $25. use of the web site is free.

If you make a mission on tablet or phone, it will appear on website to modify if wanted. If made on website it appears on device you use to fly... very nice stuff.

If you make a mission on tablet or phone, it will appear on website to modify if wanted. If made on website it appears on device you use to fly... very nice stuff.

Stupid question, how do you get it to the DJI phantom from the website, download it some way and upload it to the DJI phantom someway?

It will be uploaded to device... phantom doesn't communicate with anything except your controller/device. The device Using the app either Litchi or DJI go,uploads missions to the drone.

All done Through WIFI or Cell service

Not sure... possibly in dji's app "light room" that could be done. Google: DJI/stitch photo. I don't use that feature so cannot answer it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.