No manual in Phantom 2 package?! Flip camera question too?

Reaction score
Why is there no manual in the DJI Phantom 2 package? Three pieces of paper, one in english about the battery. The other is a fold out with micro writing and explains pretty much nothing about what you just spent $600+ bucks on. Oh, but you get you an assorted pack of stickers!

There is nothing in there explaining what the little switches are for on the controller. There is nothing in there explaining what the switch on the back of the controller is used for.

There is nothing in there about what any of the lights mean. Turn on and fly! Make sure you have green lights..... What if they are yellow and stay yellow or blink red, yellow, green? I think that's kind of important to know!

There is nothing in there explaining what any of the flying modes mean or do!

Pathetic!

That being said, I love my Phantom 2. Best purchase ever in a long time!

I have a handful of these flip cameras. Anybody ever try to use one the Phantom 2. I know it's not the ideal camera to use but I have them and I don't use them anymore. Maybe some off brand mount or something? Thanks in advance.

Re: No manual in Phantom 2 package?! Flip camera question to

My iPhone and iPad didn't have a manual. I've never read about anyone getting worked out about that. After you've read the manual from cover to cover, twice, come back and ask whatever questions you like.

Phantasmic said:
houtx said:
Why is there no manual in the DJI Phantom 2 package? Three pieces of paper, one in english about the battery. The other is a fold out with micro writing and explains pretty much nothing about what you just spent $600+ bucks on. Oh, but you get you an assorted pack of stickers!

There is nothing in there explaining what the little switches are for on the controller. There is nothing in there explaining what the switch on the back of the controller is used for.

There is nothing in there about what any of the lights mean. Turn on and fly! Make sure you have green lights..... What if they are yellow and stay yellow or blink red, yellow, green? I think that's kind of important to know!

Pathetic!

I have a handful of these flip cameras. Anybody ever try to use one the Phantom 2. I know it's not the ideal camera to use but I have them and I don't use them anymore. Maybe some off brand mount or something? Thanks in advance.

What's really pathetic is posts like this from such helpless folks.

http://bit.ly/1a8HkGQ

LMAO at LMGTFY! That's a good one. Will definitely be using that website for my tech-challenged friends and family!

Phantasmic said:
houtx said:

Pathetic!

What's really pathetic is posts like this from such helpless folks.

http://bit.ly/1a8HkGQ
If you guys are getting tired of this guy "Phantasmic" responding to your posts with his stupid unhelpful comments send "Adam" the administrator a pvt message and ask for his removal! Get the feeling this is the past kicked member "Justsomeguy" who's came and gone under different user names but has been removed each time he's been reported. You can chose to ignore him and put him on your foe's list but that will not remove him completely and leave it open for him to still respond to your posts and annoy others on this site! This web site is for people in the hobby new and old and there is no room for people that think they are just to smart for the world. If you can't be helpful especially in the help forum go else where or start your own " I know it all and will insult those that don't" forum! With that said abusers will be kicked and members that want this place to be a pleasant experience should report any negative member for removal..

ok, let's figure this out.

the post about there not being a manual is a valid one. dji has made a conscious decision to make products for the "general public." (Gee, i resemble that remark, even tho i've been using pcs since late 70's...."trash 80"!). as such, the general public does expect a manual of some sort...or a very clear and succinct big red card that says where to find the manual. HP figured this out when it came out with "quick start" manuals etc etc and a very easy to follow fold out with pics and step 1 step 2 and so on.

clearly, the experience rc crowd is tech savvy and high self reliant and can easily look down their noses at someone posting what they consider to be a rather lazy statement, but let's cut some slack here.

basically, there's room for everyone in this field and i suggest we all be a little more kindler and gentler.

happydog

didn't your mama teach you to be nice?

you COULD have just offered some gentle suggestions as to look again or "Hey, here's a copy of my stuff...will this help?"

Remember, the more people who buy DJI products the better off we all are.

but, you know, if i criticize you then, lol, i'll be guilty of not being nice.

so, i'll just continue to suggest gently, be nice to everyone in the sandbox...except bullies.

sigh... phantomflyer's post should have clued me in but i thought i'd give phantasmissagasket the benefit of a doubt. oh, well.

Phantasmic said:
happydogs said:
the post about there not being a manual is a valid one.

The OP claimed "There is nothing in there about what any of the lights mean"

It ships with a quick start guide which explains what the LED indicators mean.

There's also a card hanging off the remote controller that explains what the lights mean.

Heck, the DJI URL is on the band that you have to remove to open the protective case if you're truly curious yet still confused about how to find information about your new DJI. So yeah, the OP is helpless.

Perhaps the OP's Phantom did not have the quick start guide. Personally I would have gone onto DJI web site and downloaded it instead of bitching about the fact you didn't get a manual. FYI, I just bought (at work) a CAD program for close to $30,000.00. Guess what, no manual, just a DVD and a link to the online Manual of over 400 pages :eek:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94