No live video

cougar said:
dkyacht said:
Wow!! I just don't get it..... it's such a amazing little machine with incredible technology in it. Why would that be where they decide to cut corners??!!

I mean come on get 2 or 3 people to go out to the parking lot at dji headquarters and play with the dam thing for a few days using different platforms... It's just beyond my comprehension I guess.

Dave

Not sure but did anyone even consider it might not be DJI but an Android problem?

If it wasn't also happening on 2 different IPhones I would say possibly.

Dave

cougar said:
dkyacht said:
Wow!! I just don't get it..... it's such a amazing little machine with incredible technology in it. Why would that be where they decide to cut corners??!!

I mean come on get 2 or 3 people to go out to the parking lot at dji headquarters and play with the dam thing for a few days using different platforms... It's just beyond my comprehension I guess.

Dave

Not sure but did anyone even consider it might not be DJI but an Android problem?
It is not an android problem. 1.0.39 works and 1.0.40 doesn't for many if not all android users with the vision plus. By definition that is an app problem not an android problem.

Dirty Bird said:
Did you uninstall the current app before installing 1.0.39? Try uninstalling and then reinstalling.

Hey, Dirty....I did uninstall 1.0.40 and reinstalled 1.0.39...same story "Unfortunately, DJI VISION has stopped". What other versions of software (Phantom and controller) are you running. I am running all the new stuff.

Hi guys, I had a few more questions and I didn't know whether to start a new thread or just asks in here.

I'm shooting my photos in raw, large, auto iso, awb, center exposure metering, standard sharpness and auto anti flicker. My photos are coming out with a lot more noise than I expected. I was shooting mid day in full sun. I'm a professional photographer but obviously usually shoot with high end slr cameras. Is this just normal for such a small camera? I noticed it most in the blue sky.

yru8a3a7.jpg

a4a9use6.jpg

Dave

DJI is saying to me I should send my P2V+ in for service. Has anyone done this? what were the results?

Thanks for any help

Spoke with DJI Tech Support today and they offered the following solutions while they are tracking the issue.
Support said that people need to call in with the issue and you will be added to a list of people and assigned a ticket number while to show the amount of affected users and put additional emphasis on the issue.

He explained it is a high volume of data being transmitted and the app is being overloaded with the video feed resorting in FPV being cut off.

1. Try using the iphone in airplane mode with wifi on (connected to phantom)
2. On an android OS try version 1.0.37 as all others are known to be affected.
3. last resort try iOS version 1.0.32 as it is known to work until a update is released.

The solutions haven't worked for me.

Does anyone know how to download iOS version 1.0.32? I do not know how.

Best of luck.

reynoldsyoung said:
Hey, Dirty....I did uninstall 1.0.40 and reinstalled 1.0.39...same story "Unfortunately, DJI VISION has stopped". What other versions of software (Phantom and controller) are you running. I am running all the new stuff.

I remember once getting the "Vision App Has Stopped" message. It was during a flight. Rebooting the phone made no difference. What I think had happened was the Wi-Fi extender got goofy, because it was only after I power-cycled the extender that the app stopped crashing. I am still running Phantom version 3.0.

Tried rebinding the wifi extender with the phantom. It completed the binding process fine but no change in the video feed.

I have tried it on an ipad2 and a iphone 5 with the video settings reduced all the way. The devices were in airplane mode, connected to the phantom with all other apps closed. Still no change.

Tried renaming the SSID of range extender, no change.

I still have control of all the camera functions, just no video feed.

Ill keep trouble shooting to find a solution, if anyone else has an answer please share.

Guys if you scroll up in this thread someone posted a link to older versions of the app. I did it and it works perfect. Just go back 1 version.

Dave

Is anyone having luck actually reaching DJI phone support?
I've tried all week and it goes directly to voice mail but unable to leave any messages.
I've sent an email and waiting for response.

I'm using this contact info from the DJI site:
DJI NORTH AMERICA
+1 (818) 235 0789 [email protected] Monday to Friday, 9:0AM to 5:00PM (Pacific Standard Time GMT-8:00)

Installing the .39 version worked for like 5 seconds then got some error that the app crashed.

r2d2 said:
Installing the .39 version worked for like 5 seconds then got some error that the app crashed.

R2d2, I had to install it a few times. Also make sure your auto update is turned off in the play store. I'm still using the .39 version from the above link and it works perfect.

Dave

I found that 1.0.37 fixes the feed on Android (but at slow frame rate.) Have not tried rolling back my iphone version yet. They need to hire some quality control people, a few software engineers, and maybe even provide support.

Like to hear from those who have live video. “FPV Good Connection”.
I’m one of many with the dreaded wifi “connection broken” problem.
DJI sells lots of P2V+. They must be working for somebody. Right?
I’d like to hear from P2V+ owners with a good WiFi camera connection.
Which phone/tablet and cell carrier are you using? Any special settings? How far away can you go and still maintain a fpv connection?
If a certain phone/tablet shows up often, it could be helpful.
I understand this is an ongoing problem and I've tried many of the solutions listed with no success.
Thanks,

Dogstr said:
Like to hear from those who have live video. “FPV Good Connection”.
I’m one of many with the dreaded wifi “connection broken” problem.
DJI sells lots of P2V+. They must be working for somebody. Right?
I’d like to hear from P2V+ owners with a good WiFi camera connection.
Which phone/tablet and cell carrier are you using? Any special settings? How far away can you go and still maintain a fpv connection?
If a certain phone/tablet shows up often, it could be helpful.
I understand this is an ongoing problem and I've tried many of the solutions listed with no success.
Thanks,

I have good live video.
-- Samsung Galaxy Note 3
-- AT&T carrier
-- Android v4.2.2
-- DJI Vision App v1.0.39, updates turned off
-- Preview Quality - 640x480 15fps
-- FPV distance about 1600 ft. in an urban park, houses apartments and businesses all around.
-- Never had a black screen at start up, occasionally a bit laggy and freezes, but only for a moment.

Let me know if you want to know anything else.

Hi,

My phone Galaxy S3 ... version 4.1.2

Dji vision 1.0.40

When start the app ,,DJI vision,, Preview live video after few seconds freeze. Close and again open the ,,app,, BLACK screen !!!!!

Best regards

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20