Night time flying, is it safe?

Reaction score
So i want to fly at night, is it safe. Does it act the same way as it does in day time? And is there anything that could happen that may cause the drone to crash?

So i want to fly at night, is it safe. Does it act the same way as it does in day time? And is there anything that could happen that may cause the drone to crash?

Other than it is dark there is no difference to the phantom.
It will fly day or nite over land or water(carefull with vps) all the same for the most part.
actually easier to see the lights at night
and I prefer to fly then myself when out for fun.

take it slow and easy until you get the feel for flying.
don't use all the automatic stuff until you have a chance to read and watch some videos and tips.

good luck and have fun flying!

Well i flyed quite a bit of times now, in day time. I just wanted to make sure the drone is safe when its dark out.

Tell it you'll be right there, and monsters aren't real.

Reactions: Tommy Iversen
Simple night flight I did:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

More complex:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Rob1962
Pretty much auto. There are a couple of other adjustments like white balance set : Cloudy, Fps 24.

Yes, 60fps allows for better slow motion in post production editing. 24fps allows more light in.

don't know why. but darkness, empty lot , and audio track makes me think of Miami Vice.
just need girls in bikini's and flamingos.

I am able to see my phantom 4 almost two miles away and still tell it's orientation using the lights by polar pro, white on strobe and red solid.

Now if anyone knows good manual camera settings that would be great as the footage is seriously grainy and terrible for me on the auto 4k....

I'd estimate a 1/5 to a 1/4 of my flying is done in the dark, and I've never crashed or tipped over with about 3 million feet so far during the night and day. Just use good sense. Being careful is an understatement. As Yolo says, optical obstacle avoidance doesn't work in the dark. As they say in Game of Thrones, "For the night is dark and full of terrors."

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31