newbie to drones question

Reaction score
Hi guys i have for the past 3 weeks been wanting to buy a drone and after tons of reviews and youtubes i decided because i wanted first of all to learn the simple way and decided rather than spend £1000 on a drone oly to destroy it during my first flight that i would plump for a dji phantom 3 standard and bought one from someone local for £250 and i truly im in love with it. took it out for a first time flight and allmost destroyed it because when i pressed return to home yes it did come back (after the caliberation it did or maybe not?) before it was going to touch down i could see that it was going to hit the ground too fast and moving sideway and i could see in my mind just what was going to happen so after a bit of a fight and a fright i finnaly landed it manualy myself with no harm done. massive phew. so today i went out and gave it another go caliberated and everything went so smoothly i was chuffed to mint balls did the retyrn to home 3 times and all spot on no mishaps this time, its just an awesome kit i trully love it, but after having plouging through loads of video and my dji go app asking me to upgrade to 1.9.20 i am wondering what is the best firmware for both the standard 3 and the remote control???. but wow i am now officially hooked on this drone the footage it takes is absolutely the nuts, its like coming home and having your very own google map in live stream. cant praise this drone enough. loving it.

Welcome to the group and your P3S. I've had my P3S since they were first released, still works great, and have done lots of photography of historical and archaeological sites for research with it. Have never updated mine and functions as advertised (has ver. 1.2.40!), and fortunately, no crashes yet. I would learn to get very comfortable with your P3S before applying any upgrades if you choose to do so to detect any changes in its functionality. Most agree updates are primarily to expand the no-fly zones and geo-fencing rather than improving performance. Learn to fly it well, including in ATTI mode, then concentrate on the photography skills and intelligent flight modes. Always fly with fully charged batteries, stay away from trees, large bodies of water, high winds, and always listen for the "home point has been set" message on take off and you will do well. The above are the causes of most crashes and lost drones. You've done the right thing by reading the manual and watching Phantom videos. Learn all the functions and settings, fly it conservatively and smart, and you will get plenty of service and fun out of it. Lastly, you still have control of the P3 in RTH with the sticks to make changes in the rate of descent or for the desired landing spot. (I hand catch mine). Good luck and happy flying.

Welcome...
I wish I could say it so good..@NM_quad. Lol

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
NM QUAD......what a SUPER Great Job on information to a new drone owner...Yes i agree Phantom2USA 100%.... !

WELCOME
Scoobychief,
You will find many new friends here with a wealth of knowledge in all Phantom models, It is an addicting hobby, but what a cool addiction !!!!! Be Safe, and have FUN !!!!!
SteveP55

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic