Newbie saying hi and advice

Reaction score
Hi folks,

Newbie from Scotland.
Had a phantom 3 pro and also a mavic pro.

Just got the P4 PRO. Haven't flown it yet.

Looking for some advice on camera settings. Use Auto settings then change to manual and tweak?

Thanks

Andy

Hello and a BIG Welcome to the best drone site in the world.....I would advise First to get some flying experience Then lets talk about the settings for the camera....You also could do a search here in this page with a magnifying glass above and to the right and seek Some great info on Great camera settings..( just type in camera settings ect ).The Best of Flying to you and Enjoy the Great Sport Of Drone Flying.

Reactions: Agrs1974
Hi Agrs1974,

Your setup is very much like ours: P3Pro, Mavic Pro and new P4Pro!

As motorcycle man has said there are a lot of links to resources in these forums, but another great source is youtube.com where there are many great videos on camera settings for different drones for different situations.

Note that camera settings will depend on your purpose. We fly our birds primarily for aerial photography for mapping, so we like a fixed focus drone with great depth of field so we get all the ground at different heights in focus. P3Pro and P4Pro do a great job of this, so we just plan, launch and watch them do their magic!

For very steep sites there are drones that use terrain following to maintain the bird at a constant height above ground. The Mavic Pro does this, and maybe the P4PV2.0 but I'm 100% sure of this.

--

Regards,
Dave

Andy: We’ve also got a P4P (the + integrated screen version). I’ve listed the settings we use - mainly for filming but also for stills - several times in the past, which you should be able to find.

We use manual setting, with the shutter speed always on 1/50th second - adjusting the aperture according to light levels - as we’re shooting at 24 frames per second to get the classic motion blur that everyone is used to seeing on films and TV. We usually underexpose by -0.3 or -0.7. ISO 100. PolarPro ND/PL filter (either 4, 8, or 16) - essential for reducing the amount of light. We set white balance to “sunny” or “cloud” according to weather. And d-cinelike.

I was born in Scotland but moved to the Lake District as a young child (therefore a Carlisle United supporter). Now in Sussex and South Africa. You have plenty of wonderful scenery in Scotland, especially the highlands.

You’ll love the quality of the P4P camera.

Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
0rojyyg-png.95983

Reactions: Agrs1974
Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in DJI quadcopters.
Enjoy the forum!
**You can look for local flyers here on this site - Regional Meet-Ups
*GO 4 APP MANUAL: DJI Go 4

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr