Newbie - Just got a Phantom 3SE for Christmas - beeping motor right out of the box...

Reaction score
Greetings everyone. Complete newbie here. Dave from Georgia.
Got a brand new Phantom 3SE from the wife for Christmas.
Went through the quick start guide. As soon as I turned on the drone and controller got a beeping motor. Finished wifi setup, registering, etc. Beep, beep, beep....
Any suggestions?

Sincerely, Dave.

Went through the quick start guide.
The quick start guide is useless. You need to read the entire full manual from start to finish at least 3 times before any flight attempts. See the link below. Welcome Aboard. Also, be sure and register with the FAA if you have not already.

PHANTOM 3 SE MANUAL

Thanks for the fast reply Fly Dawg. And thanks for the manual link. Sure would be nice if they included that in the box...
I've been reading, reading, reading. Registering is on the list. Got the wife getting a faster microSD card now. The one I found in the junk drawer has a too low transmission rate.
Thanks again.
Sincerely, Dave.

Sure would be nice if they included that in the box...
True. If you have any questions at all and can't find you answer with a search, just ask. You will find more than you ever thought possible around here.

Reactions: 3putts and sarniac
Updated the firmware. Installed a new sandisk extreme card.
The one motor beeping continues - prop twitching all the time...
I've spent too much time trying to figure this out already. Think I'll just return it.
Very disheartening to have this right out of the box.
Sincerely, Dave.

The one motor beeping continues - prop twitching all the time...
Its not the motors that beep. Do you see any notifications on the app of issues? It could be a bad ESC, but I would think you would see an error of some sort. Did you try to start the motors with the props off?

Think I'll just return it.
That is up to you, but there are a few things you can try first. The first one I mentioned, but you should try this away from your home Wi-Fi, such that you do not get any interference errors. The SE works on 2.4 and 5.8 GHZ which are normal Wi-Fi frequencies. Or if possible you could turn off the home Wi-Fi for testing purposes. Just a suggestion for you.

There are no warnings that pop up on the screen. Do I need to look somewhere specific?
Just a simple question. What happends when you go outside (by daylight in open field) and try to start the drone and fly?
For example; my drone is in house also beeping.

Do I need to look somewhere specific?
Not really. When you say the prop is "twitching" .....Is it turning or just a slight bounce, then back in one direction? If you are indoors you may or may not acquire enough satellites for the home point update. Once that occurs, it is ready to go. Check your map, if you are not seeing errors. You will see the home point icon. Make sure the icon is facing ( Compass direction wise) as to the direction the aircraft is actually facing. If so, your compass is good. If not then you will need to take it outside to an open area away from anything metallic and calibrate the compass. This is a very important step.

Ok. I got the message "GPS ready, Home point recorded....". But then when I tried to record the home point manually it said it was not recorded. "Mobile device GPS signal weak". But it's showing its picking up 13 satellites at the top of the screen.
Here's the twitchy, beeping prop:
beepy-twitchy
Here's when I try to hover in beginner mode then return to home:
Prop not turning
I'll try calibrating the compass now.
Thanks for all your help. I really appreciate it.
Sincerely, Dave.

Of course, it is cloudy here. Actually, your here and my here are very close... I'm in McDonough. Go Dawgs!!

If it’s not working out of the box return it don’t waste anymore of your time

Ok. I got the message "GPS ready, Home point recorded....". But then when I tried to record the home point manually it said it was not recorded. "Mobile device GPS signal weak". But it's showing its picking up 13 satellites at the top of the screen.
Here's the twitchy, beeping prop:
beepy-twitchy
Here's when I try to hover in beginner mode then return to home:
Prop not turning
I'll try calibrating the compass now.
Thanks for all your help. I really appreciate it.
Sincerely, Dave.
Your short video explains enough. Send it back or contact the DJI service desk.

It's going back to Amazon. Only problem is they don't seem to sell the 3 SE any more. So now the question becomes do I upgrade to a 4? Now that I've done a little research there are tons of different drones to choose from! Time to do more research...
Thanks for all the help.
Sincerely, Dave.

Can't they fit a new motor as if thats not turning its probably dead.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31