New Year 2020 - FIREWORKS from the night sky of Rose Hill, Mauritius in 4K

So this was amazing, I really was blown away at about the 3 minute mark. You just went for it and got what I wanted to see , very cool.

Capturing the Sound was another Plus as that add so much to the footage, we all try to do that when possible .

We capture the Storms but this was pretty nice.
Thanks for sharing France with us.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Phantom in the Rain
Coal

Reactions: ReubenMru
So this was amazing, I really was blown away at about the 3 minute mark. You just went for it and got what I wanted to see , very cool.

Capturing the Sound was another Plus as that add so much to the footage, we all try to do that when possible .

Phantomrain.org
Coal

Thank you, would love to see the storm videos you speak about :) Eager to see how the drone fares ;-)

This wasn't France btw, Mauritius is a tiny island in the Indian Ocean - we do speak french here, but we are independent and we've been for 50 years - we were French first, then British, now, we're on our own - though India is meddling in our affairs...

Chees,

Reuben

Reactions: PhantomWetSuits
Thank you, would love to see the storm videos you speak about :) Eager to see how the drone fares ;-)

This wasn't France btw, Mauritius is a tiny island in the Indian Ocean - we do speak french here, but we are independent and we've been for 50 years - we were French first, then British, now, we're on our own - though India is meddling in our affairs...

Chees,

Reuben

Most of our Storm Videos our posted on Phantomrain.org

This is the most recent video of the Phantom up for 20 minutes during a tornado watch, pouring rain and high winds.

With the Phantom Wet Suits we our fearless. lol

Captured a few nice Pictures: Were going to be adding sound from now on to the Drone Footage as its half the beauty of flying in the Rain.

Video our not to impressive but the pictures you can capture our amazing.
I was wondering what was the best Picture you got out of the Fireworks as you were getting above them.

Im thinking at about 3:40 you had something really good.

I pulled these from the 4K video shot

Ligntning-strike-5cac00912ce5c-1381x763.jpg

Possible Tornado formation captured in the dead of night pitch black.

Screen-Shot-2019-09-13-at-10-54-35-PM-5dd4e6bb349bb-2000x1127.png

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This is the most recent video of the Phantom up for 20 minutes during a tornado watch, pouring rain and high winds.

Captured a few nice Pictures: Were going to be adding sound from now on to the Drone Footage as its half the beauty of flying in the Rain.

I was wondering what was the best Picture you got out of the Fireworks as you were getting above them.

View attachment 116483

View attachment 116484

Awesome pic!
IMG_9740.jpg

Phantomrain.org
Coal
Blown away? Hahahahahhaha

Midnight flight from my Hometown in Mauritius

Enjoy ;-)

Reuben
Nice Job Reuben.
How were you capturing the sound? Just the screen recorder on your tablet or something else?
Also what are you flying and your settings (if you don't mind sharing)?
Unforturnately in the US we can't fly more than 30min after sunset, so that usually cuts out most Fireworks shows. Unless you apply for a Waiver.

Brave of you to fly over the fireworks. You could've been a target....

Reactions: ReubenMru

View attachment 116483

View attachment 116484

Nice shots - I did get a chance to chase a storm a couple of times - i don't have the wetsuit - but it wasn't raining where i was - i mean not at the moment i pulled the drone out... it was a few years back ... here you go:

This was back in 2016... and here's one from 2015 as well (no drone in this one though)

We just had a thunderstorm last night - but I was too busy playing beat saber to even bother XD :p And it was raining heavily - didn't want to get wet XD

Nice job! Kinda reminds me of what those bomber pilots must have seen and felt during WWII.
Thanks - and yeah - I've felt that too... - reminds me of Stargate Atlantis - there was an episode when the wraiths attacked and they had their shield up - and it looked like that from below - was epic!

Nice Job Reuben.
How were you capturing the sound? Just the screen recorder on your tablet or something else?
Also what are you flying and your settings (if you don't mind sharing)?
Unforturnately in the US we can't fly more than 30min after sunset, so that usually cuts out most Fireworks shows. Unless you apply for a Waiver.

Brave of you to fly over the fireworks. You could've been a target....

Thanks - yes it t was captured using the ipad pro through DJI Go's cached video... I did find something odd though - the tracks were of smaller length than the recorded footage... by about a fifth... like on the SD card it was a 5 min recording - but in the cache it was 4 min smth - I think, for some reason - the cache video is sped - by a factor of 1.2 - but when I tried to stretch it - the voice became like a slow mo voice- very hoarse... so i had to cut bits of pieces where I'm not talking to fill in the gaps... the explosions being similar - it wasn't very noticeable - though i noticed that there's a part that's silent in the final uploaded video - checked my editor project - there is sound at that moment there - not sure what happened...

I was flying the Phantom 4 Pro V2 - on 4k at 50 fps on Normal settings... with ISO bumped to 1600...

And yes, good thing here, our helicopters don't fly at night... (we only have a handful of helicopters on the island) so this was perfectly safe -)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers