New to DJI

That's the one category the Typhoon H might be better at. LOL. But I have not seen too many Phantoms fall out of the sky with a motor failure. I'm sure it happens but not much.
That's correct, motor failure is rare, however prop failure can happen, flying off leaving you with only 3 props on a phantom. I think this occurs when pilots get in a hurry to fly, which I'm guilty off, I'm always in a hurry. I always double check my props, yanking on them good. I've seen several videos of props flying off, but cannot recall any motor failures. The next possible failure is ESC failure, which usually happens on hot days and long stressed flights, like climbing a mountain, full up and forward for extended times, or the internal fan fails.

Even though all of these failure modes are possible with Phantom, and could be mitigated with a TH craft, I still wouldn't consider owning a TH because of the lack of sophisticated software from Yuneec, and the inability to easily backpack the craft, as well as the long setup time, reconnect times during flight (since they use wifi), and mediocre range capability. IMO any drone that can't perform like Lightbridge (range wise) is unacceptable, but that's me.

That's correct, motor failure is rare, however prop failure can happen, flying off leaving you with only 3 props on a phantom. I think this occurs when pilots get in a hurry to fly, which I'm guilty off, I'm always in a hurry. I always double check my props, yanking on them good. I've seen several videos of props flying off, but cannot recall any motor failures. The next possible failure is ESC failure, which usually happens on hot days and long stressed flights, like climbing a mountain, full up and forward for extended times, or the internal fan fails.

Even though all of these failure modes are possible with Phantom, and could be mitigated with a TH craft, I still wouldn't consider owning a TH because of the lack of sophisticated software from Yuneec, and the inability to easily backpack the craft, as well as the long setup time, reconnect times during flight (since they use wifi), and mediocre range capability. IMO any drone that can't perform like Lightbridge (range wise) is unacceptable, but that's me.
Wow! That's why I really like the Case Club Case that lets me keep props on it at all times too. But I still check them now and then.

Knowing what I know now and from the looks of the future of DJI's updates and obsession of taking control of YOUR drone I would return it and get my money back if you still can. Enjoy your Yuneec until either DJI implodes or comes to their senses and changes their current direction.
I just opened it and flew it and l LOVE IT!! I'm gonna sell my yuneec for **** near free!!!

I just opened it and flew it and l LOVE IT!! I'm gonna sell my yuneec for **** near free!!!

You see, DJI products are addictive. I have just a phantom 3 standard and I love it. I know the range is very limited but the stability in the air can't be compare to any other entry level drone maker.

Be patient selling your Yuneec. It took me 6mos to find someone interested, even though it flew like new. I had about $1500 into mine with 4 batteries for the Q500+ and sold everything for $675. I flew it about 4 months until I bought my P3P in July 2015. Then I never flew the Q500+ again. Night and day difference, and you can backpack it.

Be patient selling your Yuneec. It took me 6mos to find someone interested, even though it flew like new. I had about $1500 into mine with 4 batteries for the Q500+ and sold everything for $675. I flew it about 4 months until I bought my P3P in July 2015. Then I never flew the Q500+ again. Night and day difference, and you can backpack it.
Yuneec products are crap compared to DJI products. I mean look at the expensive Typhoon H. You will think that something more expensive than a phantom 4 will be able to handle long range distance. Nope, it can only fly almost the same distance as a phantom 3 standard, hahahaha... That's funny as hell!

Knowing what I know now and from the looks of the future of DJI's updates and obsession of taking control of YOUR drone I would return it and get my money back if you still can. Enjoy your Yuneec until either DJI implodes or comes to their senses and changes their current direction.
**** I should have listened my camera keeps showing green and black lines and it keep saying weak signal!!!SMH

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctlfreak