New pilot in Texas

Reaction score
Greetings everyone.

I have been involved with amateur photography for a couple of years now. Then last year I started with astrophotography. Now, I thought it would be fun to try some aerial photography.

So I bought my first drone yesterday. I picked up the Phantom 3 Standard. I took it out for a couple flights at our local RC park. No problems and I had a blast with it. I hope to provide some good footage with it once I get over the little learning curve.

I just hope to learn a thing or two from the veterans around here. I'm sure to run across a rookie question or two in the near future.

Reactions: dirkclod
Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in DJI quadcopters.

Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)

Thanks all for the information and have been reviewing it. Especially the manual. LOL

A question though about posting, I tried to post a couple of images from my maiden flight but couldn't figure out how to do it without a URL. Is there a way to upload images to here directly for posting? Or do I need to use like Flicker or photobucket and get a URL?

Is there a way to upload images to here directly for posting?
Click the "Upload a File" button (below the box where you type your replies) and select the image file you'd like to attach.

And if you click the "Full Image" button after uploading your image, it'll appear in your post like this:

Setup.jpg

Reactions: Dxer
Greetings from Lake Livingston, TX

Is that a Schumacher jump box on that table?

I own one of those and I am a newbie too. Great idea as I was thinking of buying a car charger. lol

Of course it's heavier than hell but a great power source.

Yes sir, that is what it is. With the built-in USB ports and the inverter, it can keep everything I use charged up.
I use to for my astro imaging rig, now it can do double time to keep my quad in the air too. lol

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT