New Phantom 4 Pro

Reaction score
DJI I hate you.

I have had my P4 for four weeks and absolutely love it, and now you bring out the most fantastic P4 ever !!

Anyone want to buy a hardly used / nearly new Phantom 4 at a huge discount over the new price ???

:))

Rgds
Kevin

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I'm in the same boat as Kg1962 but truth be told, as a new UAV pilot and a new UAV photographer/videographer, having the 4 pro will not improve my skills, or experience at all. So, in a year when the early production bugs are ironed out and my experience and confidence allows to take longer and more interesting flights, I may upgrade. The good news is that preliminary information states that the P4 battery may be usable in the P4 Pro

I'm in the same boat as Kg1962 but truth be told, as a new UAV pilot and a new UAV photographer/videographer, having the 4 pro will not improve my skills, or experience at all. So, in a year when the early production bugs are ironed out and my experience and confidence allows to take longer and more interesting flights, I may upgrade. The good news is that preliminary information states that the P4 battery may be usable in the P4 Pro

From what i have read, the P4P battery is bigger than the P4 giving it flight times near 30 minutes (speculative).

I did wait after I heard about the (sudden) release of the P4. Did I buy one, no. I didn't like the way it looked. I have a P3P and it looks nicer than the P4, not bald and naked looking. Same camera and bitrate, so I waited, and I'm glad I did. As I hoped, there is also an Inspire 2 coming soon. Very cool looking drone, has obstacle avoidance too. Maybe I'll get that instead and own a drone that blows the Phantom series away!

I did wait after I heard about the (sudden) release of the P4. Did I buy one, no. I didn't like the way it looked. I have a P3P and it looks nicer than the P4, not bald and naked looking. Same camera and bitrate, so I waited, and I'm glad I did because now there's a P4P. As I hoped, there is also an Inspire 2 coming soon. Very cool looking drone, has obstacle avoidance too. Maybe I'll get that instead and own a drone that blows the Phantom series away! So you see, patience does pay off.

From what i have read, the P4P battery is bigger than the P4 giving it flight times near 30 minutes (speculative).

From what I've read, the capacity is greater for the battery newly introduced for the P4P, but the form factor is the same. So DJI forum support have stated that you can use the old P4 batteries in the P4P (though flight time will be shorter than with the new higher capacity batteries). It's not clear whether the new batteries can be used in the older P4 aircraft, though I would think so since the voltage (4s), physical dimensions and the electrical connectors are, AFAIK, the same--the only difference is increased energy storage capacity (mAH).

DJI I hate you.

I have had my P4 for four weeks and absolutely love it, and now you bring out the most fantastic P4 ever !!

Anyone want to buy a hardly used / nearly new Phantom 4 at a huge discount over the new price ???

:))

Rgds
Kevin

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
I couldn't agree more. I've had mine for about 2 months.....lol This blows. Hopefully we will get some update for our p4's, I doubt it though. I think my next drone will be a p4p or the new inspire.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Why get rid of the Phantom 4 when it still has all the features that you liked about it in the first place? Technology is always updating. What is better is to add one in the arsenal. If you have a business you are looking to maintain, you will always need a secondary UAV in case something happens to the main one.

Reactions: DaGunn

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20