New hearing aid and noises from the drone

• Thread starter Deleted member 120647
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 120647

I happened to have my new hearing aid in, thank you NHS, and it is quite startling what I hear.
Does a P3Adv make a whaaaa whaaaa noise a second or so after the props start?
Bear in mind that what I am hearing may not sound the same to someone whose ears work but the "whaaa whaaa" sounds to me perhaps like one of the Ironside era American cop sirens. I could hear then.

Last edited by a moderator:
I happened to have my new hearing aid in, thank you DHS, and it is quite startling what I hear.
have a vroom, vroom sound after startup as it varies the motor speed.
Is that what you heard?
It was generally thought to be to ensure props were properly attached.

That would do, ta, certainly the variation in tone, so is it coming from the props or somewhere else?

Last edited by a moderator:
I got that the props change speed etc. but are they and their changing speed the source of your "vroom vroom"?
It may seem an odd thing to ask but bear in mind it's a new sound to me and I have no directional sense of hearing, I 'know' there is a noise but not where it comes from.

I got that the props change speed etc. but are they and their changing speed the source of your "vroom vroom"?
It may seem an odd thing to ask but bear in mind it's a new sound to me and I have no directional sense of hearing, I 'know' there is a noise but not where it comes from.
The sound comes from the speed the props are moving through the air.
Faster/slower changes the sound the props make.

yes.. The sound your hearing happens each time the aircraft is started..with the csc start .. I likened it to revving a hot rod engine after starting.. although your aircraft does it on it's own.

It would also account for the slight double 'twitch' I sometimes see just after the motors have started if the drone is sitting on something springy, like a cushion.

I happened to have my new hearing aid in, thank you NHS, and it is quite startling what I hear.
Bear in mind that what I am hearing may not sound the same to someone whose ears work but the "whaaa whaaa" sounds to me perhaps like one of the Ironside era American cop sirens. I could hear then.
YES! All four props give a little burst of power just after starting up and can make the drone "wobble"! I also have good old NHS hearing aids and it's amazing what you hear for the first time!
IMG_6551.jpg

Last edited:
Those look like my old one, I must have left it in a shirt pocket or something because I found it in the washing machine. It didn't work properly after that, I got the new one, Oticon, about 10 days ago. Do you have "loop" switched on?

Er no, these are GN ReSound - about five years old now. OK but annoying t others if left on and no in the ear!

PhiliusFoggg, congrats on your new hearing aid(s) - they are not cheap!

One of the things I quickly noticed when I briefly had a Mini is that there is no vroom, vroom on startup like there is with the Phantoms and my Spark. I am wondering if the newer drones like the Air 2, Air 2S also don't have the 'vroom, vroom' startup. As to the tone, I never have really paid much attention to it - I do know that there is a difference between my Phantom and my Spark.

As far as hearing aids go, I have worn hearing aids in both ears since I have been in high school. I have had a hearing loss since birth. I currently wear Oticon aids, but have had them for 5 years and am due for new ones soon.

Chris

My aids have recently been upgraded to Resound Danalogic Ambio 77 and are a big improvement! (and FREE on our wonderful NHS).

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl