New Flytrex drone "designed to deliver" awesome or worrying?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, posted in General Discussion too. This thing is gonna be a disaster, in a lot of different ways.

Great implementation of a completely inherently dangerous idea

I've wanted a cleaver way to return dog **** to the guy that lives down the street from me....this could be it.
What's wrong w/ the tried and true flaming bag method?

Reactions: cjmwales
What's wrong w/ the tried and true flaming bag method?

Nothing at all and 9 times outta 10 it's sufficient. However, I appreciate the elegance of flying it down there instead of walking it.

Is this for real, delivering parcels long distance in urban areas. Have this company not bothered to think about any of the flying regulations for there advert, or are they just trying to get our hobby banned as fast as possible. I am truly shocked, and i do mean really shocked.

I will bet there are already laws in place that prohibit the transport of prescription medications, alcohol, and probably other controlled (and illegal) substances.
And I'm sure this will never go because of interstate implications ....

Is this for real, delivering parcels long distance in urban areas. Have this company not bothered to think about any of the flying regulations for there advert, or are they just trying to get our hobby banned as fast as possible. I am truly shocked, and i do mean really shocked.
I don't think their plan is to get us banned, especially since they sell a lot of products for UAVs.
I think they see a market somewhere on Earth .... it's just probably not gonna be in the USA - not for a long time at least.

It's most certainly real and they're not the only ones...

http://www.amazon.com/b?node=8037720011

People will be hijacking my Amazon Prime deliveries soon. :(

I will bet there are already laws in place that prohibit the transport of prescription medications, alcohol, and probably other controlled (and illegal) substances.
And I'm sure this will never go because of interstate implications ....
Meanwhile, their marketing team decides to show the thing transporting a Heineken. If it wasn't June 22nd today, I'd think it was the 1st of April.

I know Amazon have been talking about it for a long time but have clearly stated this is something that will come years down the line if allowed. As for flytrex they should know better, IT IS ILLEGAL end of story, and yes i am well aware of who they are.

It's most certainly real and they're not the only ones...

http://www.amazon.com/b?node=8037720011

People will be hijacking my Amazon Prime deliveries soon. :(
Just keep in mind that we're talking USA, but these folks are thinking globally.
This will absolutely not work in the USA for many reasons ..... but it will work in a lot of countries, and that's where they'll launch ....
The USA is a small fish now in a very large consumer market ....

Reactions: jlo
I actually was just talking to a neighbor about how these things will likely show up in the news (The P3) because it's not going to take long for drug smugglers to start flying drugs across the border. I flew a can of beer down to my neighbor for giggles and it flew just fine. So it carried almost a pound. If these people aren't already, they will be. That will get them banned/highly regulated in a hurry.

I hope I am wrong because these things are a blast to be used responsibly.

Note - the aforementioned individual was over the age of 21 and was located in a safe location to fly an overloaded P3 to and from safely. No people, animals or cold beer were harmed in the making of this post.

Reactions: RyanK and bbfpv
And there you have it! I haven't done any searching for it but it certainly a viable platform to exploit.

And there you have it! I haven't done any searching for it but it certainly a viable platform to exploit.
There was also another account of a drone carrying contraband being flown into a prison yard and crashing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.