New DJI Pilot

Reaction score
Hello everyone, my name is Mike and I am from USA state of Maine. I have piloted several of my own personal manned aircraft for many years. I just recently took and interest in drones for the sole purpose of the magical photography that I have seen posted from other drone pilots. Today I purchased a phantom 4 as well as a new Ipad to complete the package.

Thanks for the open welcome. This adventure started out bad right out of the box. After reading the limited manual and watching tutorials I attempted to power up the Dji P4. I got nothing from the battery, no lights no power nothing. I attempted plugging into the charger still nothing. I did the quick click then click and hold a few seconds nothing again. Any help before I return it today and swap for the Yuneek H would be appreciated. Thanks again everyone.

Thanks for the open welcome. This adventure started out bad right out of the box. After reading the limited manual and watching tutorials I attempted to power up the Dji P4. I got nothing from the battery, no lights no power nothing. I attempted plugging into the charger still nothing. I did the quick click then click and hold a few seconds nothing again. Any help before I return it today and swap for the Yuneek H would be appreciated. Thanks again everyone.
When you tap the battery button do you get any indication of the battery capacity? If full all 4 lights should be solid as well as the ting around the button.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using PhantomPilots mobile app

When you tap the battery button do you get any indication of the battery capacity? If full all 4 lights should be solid as well as the ting around the button.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using PhantomPilots mobile app
I have tapped and then tapped and held several seconds and still get no lights what so ever. The controller charged to full and will turn on but no response from the new battery at all.

I have tapped and then tapped and held several seconds and still get no lights what so ever. The controller charged to full and will turn on but no response from the new battery at all.
If you are getting no lights at all on your battery regardless of whether or not it is inserted in the aircraft then you have a problem with the battery. it the battery fully charged, and did you see flashing lights during charging?

I saw no flashing lights at all. I returned the unit to Best Buy for a replacement, the battery was defective. I started setup again today and everything is working fine so far...thanks for your help and concern.

Reactions: ROD PAINTER
Hello everyone, my name is Mike and I am from USA state of Maine. I have piloted several of my own personal manned aircraft for many years. I just recently took and interest in drones for the sole purpose of the magical photography that I have seen posted from other drone pilots. Today I purchased a phantom 4 as well as a new Ipad to complete the package.
Welcome to the forum Challenger .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.