NEW DJI Phantom 3 Battery Charging Hub - Shipping Soon!

May I ask... You guys cannot wait a few hours between 2 sessions? Seems like a lot of you have 4 to 6 batteries and want to charge in 45 minutes then go out again :p
6 batteries is about 2 hours of flying. There are 24 hours in a day. Do the math. :D

Unless it's your job
Yes, my new job is to be a happy flyer. Retired. Love photography, and learning aerial photography now. :)

Reactions: Turdle
i'd rather stick to something that is genuinely made by DJI, I know some of those aftermarket chargers work but would rather not fool around with LiPo chargers, not worth risking ruining 3 batteries and starting a fire.

Id trust most any thing that was not made by dji over any thing made by them.

not much risk of ruining any battery's being that the charger part of the charge is inside the battery's.

So the biggest thing some one would be risking is if they used a power supply that was to low of a voltage to give a full charge. But using a charging plate with a dji power supply (btw thats all it is and its not a charger per say) Its still going to give it the right voltage and by it charging all 3 at a time its also cutting down the charge rate for the amps and a slower charge at lower amps will not hurt a battery and is even the best way to charge a battery that has been under discharged. Which is why some of the newer charge plates even have the currant limiting switch for if you are charging a single battery thats been over discharged it will limit the currant so that it dont put the full amperage in and lets you charge with out damaging the battery..

My smart charging strip charges 3 batteries in 2 hours and cost $12, works with the 100 watt OEM power supply or a larger after market one, not spending $90 just to keep from switching batteries.
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/DJI-...hile-charging-three-security/32349568363.html
I had one of these for my P2. I was skeptical as hell when I got it, because I was like most of you on the whole OEM thing. Over a year using it to charge my batteries and no problems (so far).

Happy Saturday!

Today we're happy to announce DJI's NEW Phantom 3 Battery Charging Hub which is expected to begin shipping within the next 1-2 weeks! Below is a brief rundown of the new Charging Hub and a quick look at the expected design.

This hub will be practically identical to the recently released Inspire 1 Charging Hub but different in that it will cater to the Phantom 3 4S batteries as opposed to the Inspire's 6S batteries. The hub allows you to charge 4 batteries off one charger. When used, the charging hub automatically selects the individual battery with the highest amount of remaining power, and charges it until full before moving on to the next battery. The entire process is monitored and each battery’s status is shown using LED indicators, making the charging process simple and easy.

PRE-ORDER Phantom 3 Battery Charging Hub - $90
https://www.advexure.com/store/dji-phantom-3-battery-charging-hub-part-53/

View attachment 25172

Pictured above is the Inspire 1 Charger Hub but it is assumed the Phantom 3 Hub will be a similar, if not identical design. If you have any questions regarding the new Battery Charging Hub from DJI for the Phantom 3 please don't hesitate to reach out.

Thanks,
Mike
Thanks ! I'll take one !!!

I was considering one of these devices (if you check Amazon, you will find quite a lot of them, sold under different "brand" names...in all likelihood, the exact same units, manufactured by the same overseas OEM company, shipped to those reselling them, and placed into boxed with that "brand's" name on it), but after reading several reviews, I would NOT recommend them. When one considers that the P3 batteries cost $150-170 each (depending on where/who you purchase them from), I would not trust some cheaply-manufactured multi-charger device. Sure, you're spending only $10, compared to the (estimated) $90 cost that the official DJI-manufactured product will cost, but it's extremely unliekly that the DJI version will damage your batteries...and, even on the rare chance that it did, it would, in all likelihood, be covered under their warranty. If the "no-name" unit damages your battery/batteries, then not only are you out the $10 you spent on it, you're also out the additional $150-170 PER BATTERY that you'll have to spend replacing them.

You REALLY need to ask yourself this question - Is it really worth it to save $80 on a cheap multi-battery charger?

The DJI phantom 3 Battery Charging Hub is shipping. Instead of ordering directly from DJI (I've already given my opinion on that, elsewhere), I discovered (a few days ago) that Drones Plus opened a store in Silicon Valley. I went there Monday, in the early afternoon, intending on picking up the hub, along with another (my fourth) battery. Unfortunately, they hadn't received the charging hubs yet, but they called me in the late afternoon to let me know the hubs were on their way, and should be received either today, or tomorrow.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20