NEW: Banned electronics in cabin travelling from some Muslim countries

Reaction score
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/trafficandcommuting/us-unveils-new-restrictions-on-travelers-from-eight-muslim-majority-countries/2017/03/21/d4efd080-0dcb-11e7-9d5a-a83e627dc120_story.html

Basically carry on items cannot have electronics larger than a cell/smartphone. So much for carrying your Mavic or Phantom with you.

These new rules kick in within a few days.

So if your return trip comes through, say Dubai, then you'll need to check your laptops, drones and batteries. But wait! You can't check your batteries....

Last edited by a moderator:
Really don't see the point of this, unless they've received some intel that someone, from one of these countries, is carrying a , well you know what i mean.
Turkey,! they are one of our allies!

Really don't see the point of this, unless they've received some intel that someone, from one of these countries, is carrying a , well you know what i mean.

Turkey is an odd ally at present. Not like 20 years or so ago at all...

"The restriction is based, we are told, on "evaluated intelligence", BBC security correspondent Frank Gardner writes.
That means that US intelligence has either intercepted discussion of a possible extremist plot or has been passed word of one by a human informant." - BBC News

"The restriction is based, we are told, on "evaluated intelligence", BBC security correspondent Frank Gardner writes.
That means that US intelligence has either intercepted discussion of a possible extremist plot or has been passed word of one by a human informant." - BBC News

Right, so now none of the plotters is going to change travel plans to get around this...

So what am I missing? When I read the article, it does not state as you posted. It states the following:

"...traveling from airports in several Muslim-majority countries from bringing laptops, tablets and other portable electronic devices on board with them when they fly."

No mention of drones.

"The British ban also includes some cellphones and is expected to apply to all airports in the six nations."

No mention of drones.

So you are really only _guessing_ that this will include drones. You could end up being correct but I currently find no support for your claim.

So what am I missing? When I read the article, it does not state as you posted. It states the following:

"...traveling from airports in several Muslim-majority countries from bringing laptops, tablets and other portable electronic devices on board with them when they fly."

No mention of drones.

"The British ban also includes some cellphones and is expected to apply to all airports in the six nations."

No mention of drones.

So you are really only _guessing_ that this will include drones. You could end up being correct but I currently find no support for your claim.

No mention of a lot of things that would fit the description.

My opinion, sure. That's the way I read it.

Then again 30+ years of international airline travel and I've seen every permutation of security stupid you can imagine. Almost, anyway.

A little flea powder always works wonders in these situations.

I guess you're not up on the reference. Have you noticed that no matter how lives and many billions trillions of dollars the US has plowed into the middle east "anti terrorism" campaigns that there are always more terrorists and threats?

What do they say about doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results?

I guess you're not up on the reference. Have you noticed that no matter how lives and many billions trillions of dollars the US has plowed into the middle east "anti terrorism" campaigns that there are always more terrorists and threats?

What do they say about doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results?

Fair enough.

Personally, I don't travel on aircraft, I live in a nice, secluded rural area & frankly I am too bloody old to care.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik