Never Forget

dirkclod

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Was going to post something but saw this and it says it all.
Cut and pasted from FB.

Screen Shot 2019-09-10 at 11.52.55 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-09-10 at 11.52.29 PM.png

Unsure to comment but watched it like many live on TV,
To many lost,I myself don't think that something we will never forget
Your colors don't run so Kia kaha (stay stong)
R*I*P ground zero........can I say what to to or na better stay quiet

Last edited by a moderator:
This was tragedy beyond words, all for a radicalized idealism. The destruction lives on too.
This was posted in 2018:

Seventeen years out from the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, nearly 10,000 first responders and others who were in the World Trade Center area have been diagnosed with cancer. More than 2,000 deaths have been attributed to 9/11 illnesses.
It will get worse. By the end of 2018, many expect that more people will have died from their toxic exposure from 9/11 than were killed on that terrible Tuesday.
The average age of a 9/11 first responder is now about 55. While many people face a cancer diagnosis as they age, the rate of some cancers among first responders is up to 30 percent higher than in the general population, Crane said.

The numbers demonstrate the continued loss:
In 2017, 23 current or former members of the New York City Police Department died of 9/11-related diseases. That's the same number of NYPD members that perished on Sept. 11, 2001.
  • The FDNY lost a stunning 343 members on Sept. 11, 2001. Since then, line-of-duty deaths linked to 9/11 are approaching 180, now well over half lost on the day of the attacks. So many have died since the attacks that last year, a new tablet had to be added to the Hall of Heroes at 1 Police Plaza to accommodate all the names of the fallen.
  • One FBI agent was reported killed in Sept. 11, 2001, attacks; as of this August, the FBI reports a death toll of 15 from cancers linked to toxic exposure during the subsequent investigation and cleanup.
  • According to John Feal, founder of the Feal Good Foundation that supports 9/11 rescue and recovery workers,there have been more losses so far this year — 163 — than in any year since he started tabulating them in 2008.

As a Captain for American Airlines at that time, the events of that day hit very close to home. My F/O and I were at our home base at DFW preparing for departure to LAX when the news came in. A very sad day indeed. We all were in total disbelief watching the news on tv........thinking this has to be a dream. No. Not this time.

Soon after we heard the news, the FAA grounded all flights in the US, including mine of course. Truthfully, I didn’t feel much like flying anyway. That ‘sick’ feeling in my gut I remember very well.

The world will never be the same.

Never, ever forget. [emoji631]

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj