Need advice

Reaction score
Newb here with a P3S. I've owned it for about 3 weeks now. I'm having a blast. Still watching YouTube videos like crazy trying to get ideas for footage. I ordered a few items :
8 extra props
Extra antidrop pins/rubbers
Different phone mount
CF gimble plate (cracked the plastic one from a crash)
ARGtek range extender (which I found for $20.99 somehow)

Anyway, since I updated the firmware when unboxing, it make a D-DD noise on power up after the initial sound and gimble activation. Can anyone tell me what this is from? It flies fine and I've already soared out to 2690 feet at 250ft altitude with no issues, other that losing image.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Try rebooting the aircraft only, making sure it is on a clean, flat, level surface, with no obstructions (not even grass) on the gimbal.
And welcome to the forum.

Anyway, since I updated the firmware when unboxing, it make a D-DD noise on power up after the initial sound and gimble activation.

That sounds more like the sound (D-DD) you hear while it is being updated to new firmware. Are you positive the new firmware was installed ok?

What version of the update did you install - hopefully not V1.6.80 (not recommended for the P3S too many issues with range etc.). I believe the newest version is 1.7.xx

If you have done everything correctly - best to try calibrating the IMU (nice level surface and best to do it in an area that is cooler than the ambient temps your flying in - that helps a lot on start up time) - Gimbal etc. once more before doing a new clean install of firmware.

BTW - did you happen to change the rubber isolators at the gimbal? Using stiffer ones may have a negative effect on the gimbal also.

Try rebooting the aircraft only, making sure it is on a clean, flat, level surface, with no obstructions (not even grass) on the gimbal.
And welcome to the forum.
I haven't started it in grass. Only concrete thus far.

That sounds more like the sound (D-DD) noise you hear while it is being updated to new firmware. Are you 1005 positive the new firmware was installed ok?

What version of the update did you install - hopefully not V1.6.80 (not recommended for the P3S too many issues with range etc.). I believe the newest version is 1.7.xx

If you have done everything correctly - best to try calibrating the IMU (nice level surface and best to do it in an area that is cooler than the ambient temps your flying in - that helps a lot on start up time) - Gimbal etc. once more before doing a new clean install of firmware.

BTW - did you happen to change the rubber isolators at the gimbal? Using stiffer ones may have a negative effect on the gimbal also.
Pretty sure it was. If it didn't I couldn't fly, right? I'll double check everything again later this week. Thanks.

Pretty sure it was. If it didn't I couldn't fly, right?

Yes, however if not loaded correctly or completed it may reverted back to a previous version that allows you to fly.

Yes, however if not loaded correctly or completed it may reverted back to a previous version that allows you to fly.
Also I didn't change the gimbal insulators at all I left them just the flimsy white ones

Also I didn't change the gimbal insulators at all I left them just the flimsy white ones

Well you're not alone with issues after doing an upgrade with the P3S (not that it helps) - do a search on here and you will find plenty of others with similar issues. Just confirm you don't have the 1.6.80 version loaded up - that's the real problematic version. The latest version (1.7.xx) was released in August 2016 and was to fix all the problems with 1.6.80.

Well you're not alone with issues after doing an upgrade with the P3S (not that it helps) - do a search on here and you will find plenty of others with similar issues. Just confirm you don't have the 1.6.80 version loaded up - that's the real problematic version. The latest version (1.7.xx) was released in August 2016 and was to fix all the problems with 1.6.80.
So, found out I have 1.6.80 version. Went to DJI website and didn't see a download for the 1.7.xx version. So I guess I'll do some searching here.

So, found out I have 1.6.80 version. Went to DJI website and didn't see a download for the 1.7.xx version. So I guess I'll do some searching here.

It isn't a official release it appears to be a leaked version.

I have been following the thread though.
You can't miss it. ;)
New firmware 1.7.8 (01.07.0082) P3S

Rod

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic