Need a Faster Decent Speed

Reaction score
Suppose it is starting to rain, and I need to get the bird out of the air faster than the slow decent speed in which it does. Any option of speeding it up?

there isn't any way to speed it up

Hold both sticks down and push them together.

(Just kidding, don't do that)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CSC would get er down pretty quick but don't recommend it! Use that radar before flying an won't have to worry about that.

was going to say csc it but held back from being a *** lol

Lol.

Had to put a disclaimer at the bottom. Would have felt terrible if a new thread popped up tomorrow titled "Decent speed hack made me crash".

Reactions: flpholt
simple answer just fly if no rain is around . hard for some people not to

I have read that descending too fast can create a change in airflow such that it can make it difficult to control the craft. I am not able to come up with the correct terminolgy for it but I am pretty sure someone here can.
Since I read this I have not descended full throttle. I believe it was training material for certification I was reading.

Sent from my SM-N930P using PhantomPilots mobile app

As suggested above, just keep moving and descending.

You will avoid the vortex and downwash created by the propellers as opposed to just descending straight down.

Yep plenty of people have been caught or even purposely flown in the rain and no noticeable issues were caused. The motors are brushless so they don't mind. Having said that I wouldn't purposely do it. You shouldn't need to move in any direction when lowering the phantom at full speed as its set so it shouldn't experience VRS.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Storm - got more balls than me, powerlines would have put me off, never mind the wind and pouring rain lol!

Reactions: Storm
Does anyone know if left stick all the way down and right stick forward (when the phantom is facing yourself) almost like an aircraft "slip" would work?

Anything that causes more drag in theory should increase descent speed, whether rotating or moving in relation to the ground.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20