Neary Aerial still in drone insurance business?

Reaction score
Does anybody know if Neary Aerial Media is still in drone insurance business? I've tried to contact Matt Neary via 859-905-9015 but the number is either no longer in service or disconnected. I've also sent him an email via [email protected] but not gotten a response. In addition, I called his other business, Neary Inspections, where a clerk got my number and said she would pass it to him. It's been a week now and I still have not heard from him. Not sure what's going on...

Does anybody know if Neary Aerial Media is still in drone insurance business? I've tried to contact Matt Neary via 859-905-9015 but the number is either no longer in service or disconnected. I've also sent him an email via [email protected] but not gotten a response. In addition, I called his other business, Neary Inspections, where a clerk got my number and said she would pass it to him. It's been a week now and I still have not heard from him. Not sure what's going on...

I have tried calling myself. Phone number no longer in service. The last that I heard matt said he was sending me a label and that was months ago.

I hope I'm not a victim of Fraud and the insurance premium that I paid is stolen. It appears to BE THAT WAY. Oh No!!!

I have tried calling myself. Phone number no longer in service. The last that I heard matt said he was sending me a label and that was months ago.

I hope I'm not a victim of Fraud and the insurance premium that I paid is stolen. It appears to BE THAT WAY. Oh No!!!
I hope I'm not either but I have a bad feeling about this. He was very responsive when I contacted him a few months ago asking about the coverage. Now it comes to fixing the drone, he has been very quiet. When do we start reporting this as a fraud? And how do we report it?

I hope I'm not either but I have a bad feeling about this. He was very responsive when I contacted him a few months ago asking about the coverage. Now it comes to fixing the drone, he has been very quiet. When do we start reporting this as a fraud? And how do we report it?

I think he is doing a classic insurance fraud take the insurance money and run. I think he should be regulated by the insurance commission.

I knew when I didn't hear back from him that I was going to take a big loss.

Thai fake telephone as answering service that he up before should have been a tell tale sign of a fly by night operation..

Hopefully he's not in Brazil.

Puppy can still purchase insurance coverage now still.

Good luck with that.

Hi all. My apologies for the lack of response and the terrible customer service over the past couple of weeks. We migrated the website to a new server. When that was done, our email system went on the fritz. We have the email issues ironed out now and are working hard to get caught up and get everyone taken care of. The other issues from the migration are minor. Such as, all user profiles from the old website were lost. No account information or coverage information was lost...just the user profiles. If you have sent us an email in the past 2 weeks and we haven't responded yet, please resend the email or send us another one. The phone number from the old website is no longer in service, so email is the best way to get in touch with someone. [email protected] OR [email protected]

Reactions: captainmilehigh
Hi all. My apologies for the lack of response and the terrible customer service over the past couple of weeks. We migrated the website to a new server. When that was done, our email system went on the fritz. We have the email issues ironed out now and are working hard to get caught up and get everyone taken care of. The other issues from the migration are minor. Such as, all user profiles from the old website were lost. No account information or coverage information was lost...just the user profiles. If you have sent us an email in the past 2 weeks and we haven't responded yet, please resend the email or send us another one. The phone number from the old website is no longer in service, so email is the best way to get in touch with someone. [email protected] OR [email protected]
So why haven't you responded to any of my emails I've been sending you regarding the warranty work on my advance?

I was considering Neary for my insurance. I sent them two emails (to two different email addresses) over the last few days. Nothing. Not very "insuring."

I would not recommend it since it took him too long to respond to emails and 6 weeks to repair the drone at least based on my experience. I had to keep sending him emails asking for repair status since he did not keep me up-to-date on what was going on with the repair. If I had to do it over, I would have gone with DJI.

Reactions: Zeke64
I've skimmed over these posts and can't remember if anyone already answered this question but I called the company that does the actual repairs for Neary Aerial Media and they said as far as they know, Neary Aerial Media is out of business.

Well here is the odd thing out of this whole situation, if you Google the website it's out of Kentucky but the bird goes to Minnesota for repairs. I got mine back a couple of weeks ago but it was nerve-racking not hearing or getting a reply from Matt for some time. What I did is I found in the shipping label and I called the number on the shipping label and someone by the name of Logan answered and said yes they do repairs for Matt and that's how I found out where mine was and I got it back within a few days after contacting Logan.

Well here is the odd thing out of this whole situation, if you Google the website it's out of Kentucky but the bird goes to Minnesota for repairs. I got mine back a couple of weeks ago but it was nerve-racking not hearing or getting a reply from Matt for some time. What I did is I found in the shipping label and I called the number on the shipping label and someone by the name of Logan answered and said yes they do repairs for Matt and that's how I found out where mine was and I got it back within a few days after contacting Logan.
Ya, that's how it's always been done. Matt is the "insurer" but has a 3rd party company do the actual repair work and FWIW, the repair company does great work. I wonder if DJI's drone insurance plan gave Neary too much competition and drove him out of business?

Hello,

I am sorry to hear about everyone's troubles with this company. I have not heard of them. How did this all work? Was it actual insurance or some kind of warranty? Did he "insure" hobbyists or commercial operations? I would research this myself but his website IS down. I speak to dozens of UAV operators per week. If any of them mention this guy I will tell them to run!

Thanks,

Joe Ernster
[email protected]
Get an Online Commercial UAS Insurance Quote Now

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.