NASA ARC 277B

THA

Reaction score
Has anybody looked into the use of this in reference to UAV flying. Basically it is used by pilots to report things they could possibly get sanctioned by the FAA for in actions. Also, can be used to report near misses, etc.

It is a "get out of jail free" card for most violations to an FAA regulation and they cannot fine or punish you if you timely file one

NASA ARC 277B

ASRS - Aviation Safety Reporting System - Immunity Policies

Read section 9

Last edited:
Has anybody looked into the use of this in reference to UAV flying. Basically it is used by pilots to report things they could possibly get sanctioned by the FAA for in actions. Also, can be used to report near misses, etc.

It is a "get out of jail free" card for most violations to an FAA regulation and they cannot fine or punish you if you timely file one

NASA ARC 277B

ASRS - Aviation Safety Reporting System - Immunity Policies

Read section 9
This program has been around a long time and it came about in the interest of safety, to learn from MISTAKES that a pilot made. As such, it can only be used if:
  • The violation was inadvertent and not deliberate
  • The violation did not involve a criminal offense or accident
Report a deliberate violation with your drone as a means to avoid prosecution and you will be in for a very nasty surprise.
There is no "get out of jail free" card for willful violators, (as it should be).

Reactions: Falcon900
Has anybody looked into the use of this in reference to UAV flying

Yup. I've filed one after I found out that I accidentally encroached into Class D airspace by a few hundred feet at about 50' AGL. You might see where on a TV program this fall. I'll leave it at that.

It's been said, that hardly an aircraft flight take place that doesn't violate or bend one rule or another.

Yup. I've filed one after I found out that I accidentally encroached into Class D airspace by a few hundred feet at about 50' AGL. You might see where on a TV program this fall. I'll leave it at that.

It's been said, that hardly an aircraft flight take place that doesn't violate or bend one rule or another.
By the fall, I'm afraid, they're going to have far more dramatic "stupid drone stunts" to do a documentary on, then yours. Busting the Class D was a bad-bad, though....

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair