My poor old cat :(

Thanks again for your kind comments. Feeling depressed today as weather to windy/wet for flying and house feeling very empty. Still expect to see/hear him wanting his supper!

Lovely looking cat jimandsue. :)

Here is monty from some years ago and when he was slimmer!

watering can.jpg

bill
He was a cool looking feline Bill!
I once had a cat that looked a lot like Monty. It was a stray but we both just kinda found each other :)
Man I can REALLY relate to that "empty house" feeling when I had to put Sophie down :( Like I said, I live alone so I almost couldn't bear even going back to that empty house. But I can tell ya this... It does get easier with time. Nothing can ever replace Monty nor should it, but out of consideration for some poor cat that needs an owner such as yourself have you've ever seen this place:
http://www.lastchanceanimalrescue.co.uk/cattery/cat.php
Don't know how far that is from you. Not meaning to intrude where maybe I shouldn't. But in time, and you'll know when that time is right maybe you can check that place out.
BOT

Last edited:
Reactions: dirkclod
Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Thank you all the kind understanding words. I have read about the Rainbow Bridge and like that idea. :)
Thanks for that link BOT. I have looked at that site and it looks good. I am also lucky to have a cat sanctuary near where I live where I originally got my 3 cats in 1998. And know they currently have over 65 cats/kittens for rehoming- so need some help!

Although mainly a cat lover I am very fond of dogs as well and found this little film which I found very moving and a good illustration as the good that animals are to us humans.

bill

Reactions: BlackOpsTeamster
Funny, house cats never thrilled me much, it's those large felines that get my undivided attention.

image.jpg

But I have lost a couple of K9 pals, so definitely can relate...
Sorry about your cat's situation. & I Hope it recovers.

RedHotPoker

Funny, house cats never thrilled me much, it's those large felines that get my undivided attention.

View attachment 26414
But I have lost a couple of K9 pals, so definitely can relate...
Sorry about your cat's situation. & I Hope it recovers.

RedHotPoker
o_O { see post 8 }

Last edited:
I know this post is late but I send my condolences, we lost our cat in January this year when our 6 yr old tortoiseshell came in and died in my arms very unexpectedly, so I know exactly what you're going through...we were absolutely gutted! We missed her so much that a couple of days later we bought 2 sister kittens, tortoiseshell, they are lovely little things and helped to fill the void!

Hey'ya Bill,
Just thought I'd check in to see how things are going.:)
Your not all that far away from Porky are ya? Just curious...
Doing any flying lately?
BOT

Hey'ya Bill,
Just thought I'd check in to see how things are going.:)
Your not all that far away from Porky are ya? Just curious...
Doing any flying lately?
BOT

Hey bot,
Yep your right it's the next county from Essex, about 30 miles if that;)

Yep I'm Bill's neighbour:D

Hope all is ok with you also Bill.:)

Last edited:
Reactions: BlackOpsTeamster

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4