My P3A is RTH early during missions using Litchi

Reaction score
I've flown 2 relatively short autonomous missions using Litchi with Android, and my P3A has unexpectedly gone into RTH mode both times when it reached the 2nd-to-last way-point. It seemed to have plenty of battery left, so I'm not sure what's triggering it to RTH, but it's kind of alarming and it gets back later than expected since I have it set to fly way-points at 30MPH and the RTH speed is I think ~17MPH.

For example, the last mission I flew was only 2k feet away, at full battery and with practically no wind. At the 2nd-to-last way-point, it RTH and landed with 74% battery left. So I have no indication why it wouldn't have flown back normally to the last way-point (which was at the home spot anyway).
Here is my flight log for that one: HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

I've contacted Litchi about this and they said it was DJI's triggering of the RTH mode, so they couldn't troubleshoot it. So has anyone else experienced this, or have any ideas why this might be happening?

I appreciate any advice.

If it's consistently happening, take a video capture of device screen from the entire flight to see from take-off to landing what interaction is presented. Also, what are your settings for Critical Battery and Failsafe RTH?

I've flown many Litchi waypoint missions and have loss of RC signal at the furthest point for over a minute and never had RTH engage.

You should also identify RC, P3 and Litchi versions.

Hmmm, strange one. You haven't done anything silly like instruct it to RTH at the second to last waypoint, have you? Mine just hangs in the air at the end of each mission awaiting instruction.

EDIT: Andriod or iOS?

No. I did change the setting so it would RTH after the last waypoint, but I have been using my home point as the last waypoint, so I would expect it to fly back home at full speed, and then go into RTH mode.

Using Android.

If it's consistently happening, take a video capture of device screen from the entire flight to see from take-off to landing what interaction is presented. Also, what are your settings for Critical Battery and Failsafe RTH?

I've flown many Litchi waypoint missions and have loss of RC signal at the furthest point for over a minute and never had RTH engage.

You should also identify RC, P3 and Litchi versions.

Thanks - will try that.

Critical Battery and Failsafe RTH settings are default - I haven't changed any of that since I got it.

Litchi version is 3.13.5. At work so can't tell you RC and P3 versions, but I got it about 2 weeks ago and updated to all the latest firmware then, so hopefully latest and greatest.

You could also put the mission up on the Litchi Mission Hub then share it and provide the link to it for examination....

Ok, pretty basic mission plan... nothing unusual there that I can see...

HealthyDrones results seem fine too.... nothing unusual about downlink data losses given the terrain, trees, distance and altitude... doesn't show any RTH activated or notification though until at Flight time: 04m 48s, Altitude: 22.6 ft, Home Distance: 2 ft: Go Home button pressed

I think the device screen video capture will be the next informative piece... IMO

Ok, pretty basic mission plan... nothing unusual there that I can see...

HealthyDrones results seem fine too.... nothing unusual about downlink data losses given the terrain, trees, distance and altitude... doesn't show any RTH activated or notification though until at Flight time: 04m 48s, Altitude: 22.6 ft, Home Distance: 2 ft: Go Home button pressed

I think the device screen video capture will be the next informative piece... IMO
Yep - it was trying to land there at the end, so I hit the RTH button to adjust it and land it myself. I thought it was weird there was no indication of when it went into RTH mode, because I didn't have that particular mission set to RTH after last waypoint - it was supposed to do nothing.

Well thanks for looking. I'll try flying some smaller routes to see if I can determine what's going on. At least it's coming back!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20