My latest build: Carbon Black

Reaction score
So, here's my latest build: Carbon Black the FrankenPhantom. I wanted to build a quad only from parts that I already had on hand. No further purchases were made. This is the result. Only dji components left are the shell (Phantom 1 hydrodipped in Carbon Fiber look), landing gear (painted satin black with Krylon Fusion) and the props (dji carbon reinforced 9450s)! FC is APM 2.6 Mini with m8n gps mounted in the stock location and 915mhz radio telemetry link. The gps is shielded with copper tape. Main board is the Opera mainboard (direct fit for phantoms) and escs are Opera SimonK Phantom upgrade 20 amp (highly recommended upgrade for any Phantom).
Motors are Multistar Elite 2216 920kv. Quite a bit larger than the stock 2212 motors, this thing is wildly overpowered! Takes off on 40% throttle. I'll take it for a few shakedown flights tomorrow. This bird is fully waypoint and mission capable, with all the goodies from Mission Planner (I know! Sacrilege!). Gimbal and camera will be installed with quick connectors for ease of attachment/detachment. Today just hovering indoors the stock 2200 mah P1 battery lasted about 11 minutes to 10.8v.
phantom-black.jpg

phantom-black2.jpg

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj