My last drone video -- R.I.P. Drone Film Productions

Reaction score
Due to the regulations like not flying close to anything and not able to film events and so forth, I feel like the footage will lose it's magic and not be as epic. I realize it's a safety issue and I get it, but the freedom has been lost. I posted my last drone video so you know what I'm talking about. This was before any restrictions was put on drones. Enjoy...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Whar are the laws that are so bad? They seem pretty much the same as the US.

Due to the regulations like not flying close to anything and not able to film events and so forth, I feel like the footage will lose it's magic and not be as epic. I realize it's a safety issue and I get it, but the freedom has been lost. I posted my last drone video so you know what I'm talking about. This was before any restrictions was put on drones. Enjoy...

This is a beautifully composed video Michael. It is something i wouldn't mind looking at several times. I can tell you put a lot of work into it. I am especially impressed by the fact that you took the time to sync the scene changes to the beat of the music. This is something I do with my slide shows and without software to do it automatically, it can be very time consuming but the end result is well worth it. It is disappointing that someone with your talent is deciding to leave the profession/hobby due to some flying restrictions. Perhaps postpone your exit until after you consider the restrictions as just another obstacle to fly around. Then see how proud you are of the results. Whatever you decide, know that it is a shame that your talent will no longer be enjoyed by the public.

That was a beautiful video Michael. A lot of familiar places. I live in Northumberland county near Rice Lake. We should fly. [emoji106]

This is my favorite kind of flying when everything your focusing on is in focus. Nobody that has a passion like this should consider quitting until your first knock out. When it comes to the FAA rules and regs for any country common sense still rains in at #1 .

As a general rule airports, planes and Privacy / Government areas get top Priority. The rest I take with a grain of salt. I would recommend you do the same and not worry about the Bark until the bite. ..

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Phantom in the RAIN.
dont quit your to good.

Last edited:
It is always amazing to me as to the skill of many drone operators out there. I feel as if I have a great flight if I go up, fly around a little,take some somewhat jerky video, and land without breaking anything.

Good job to all the skilled flyers, you give us newbies hope and guidance.

With your talent and creativity, you'll find a way to overcome restrictions. DON'T STOP FILMING!!!

Awesome video, well done. Only wish I will be able to achieve vide like this one day. Might be a while though, I think I need a lot more practice.

Very beautiful shots. I’ve seen the videos on YouTube about the overreach of the new Canadian laws. Canada has some absolutely beautiful areas to film by drone (like British Columbia for example). Who was behind all of these restrictions? Someone high up had to get the ball rolling on new laws.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers