My first forced auto landing!

Reaction score
I was trying for a new range record and ended up a little short. I ran from 12% to 6% forcing the bird to hold altitude long enough to clear the last tall tree line then full stick down in sport mode till i was about 25 meters up and lost connection.
Drove to my field and the bird was still camera on!
12,556m but 400m short of home.
I totally underestimated my homeward head breeze but everything turned out absolutely perfect!
I will get to 13,000m on a stock p4!

Reactions: Neon Euc
I was trying for a new range record and ended up a little short. I ran from 12% to 6% forcing the bird to hold altitude long enough to clear the last tall tree line then full stick down in sport mode till i was about 25 meters up and lost connection.
Drove to my field and the bird was still camera on!
12,556m but 400m short of home.
I totally underestimated my homeward head breeze but everything turned out absolutely perfect!
I will get to 13,000m on a stock p4!

My furthest distance is 30600ft! :)

luke.. Do you have any mods done to get that distance?? My video starts to break up a little and I get spooked to continue flying.. I fly at the beach, so there is no interference or obstructions.. Just the P4 and stock controller. I am wanting to buy the range extender/booster to get good distance..

I haven't tried a one way mission yet but I still have full signal at the turnaround point.

Last edited:
Good to hear.. might just try to fly out a ways and just start to get comfortable with long distance flying and trusting the bird..

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl