My First Days With Phantom

Reaction score
I've had my Phantom since May 14th and it has been a blast...and it's been crash after crash LOL...actually most of the crashes happened on the first day. One one on the 2nd day.....Below are some videos depicting my experience with the Phantom the past few days. I am hoping others can learn from them & also not feel bad when they (not IF...WHEN) screw up. You will get better...Trust me!!!

Also, if you do like my videos please consider subscribing to my channel. I just started it a few weeks ago and I would like to build my subscribers list. I want to do reviews of various tech devices & fitness products...as well as advice on both. I am not only a tech guy but I also am a competitive bodybuilder. I figured why not start a channel on my 2 favorite hobbies...Thanks!!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Ti22
Hey cool videos; I have been doing the same, i have crashed it a few times, but after many flights now, i finally put my second set of blades on it, the first set were nicked up pretty good but the phantom still flys. I can get it up and to good heights now and move it around without crashing, i have uploaded a video i took yesterday with my mobile phone, i have it attached to the phantom when i fly it until my garmin virb eltie comes in and i can finally fly it with a proper cam attached to it. Not bad video i shot, not the best but the sports cams are much better with these birds. Check it out and let me know what you think. I am going to post more as i get them.

Reactions: mikespe
Cool videos! I admire your courage flying in such a confined space first go around. I enjoyed your split screen and picture in picture video edits.

Fun to watch, thanks for taking the time to share.

Prop guards are great. The string really helps make them more durable, and will keep the props from wrapping around arms and legs... :eek:
Descending vertically will cause VRS. I see you've experienced it, have you learned about it yet?

When you get tired of beating it up on landing, you may want to learn about catching. I was doing more damage landing than I was doing by crashing into things. Keep filming please. :)

Not sure if I've shared this with you yet.
This is a great way to find things. Google Custom Search for our forum.
Enter your text in the middle of the screen, not at the top.
https://cse.google.com/cse/publicurl?cx=014775389315664725445:ejku2ysgyhi

Fun to watch, thanks for taking the time to share.

Prop guards are great. The string really helps make them more durable, and will keep the props from wrapping around arms and legs... :eek:
Descending vertically will cause VRS. I see you've experienced it, have you learned about it yet?

When you get tired of beating it up on landing, you may want to learn about catching. I was doing more damage landing than I was doing by crashing into things. Keep filming please. :)

Not sure if I've shared this with you yet.
This is a great way to find things. Google Custom Search for our forum.
Enter your text in the middle of the screen, not at the top.
https://cse.google.com/cse/publicurl?cx=014775389315664725445:ejku2ysgyhi

VRS?

It's when you are descending into your own prop wash. The props can't stay in "clean" air and you end up loosing lift. The Phantom wobbles and sounds like it's wobbling and starts falling at a high rate of speed, sometimes you can recover, :) sometimes the ground stops your descent. :(

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vortex_ring_state

Ah thanks! I haven't had that happen yet s far as I know but I'll be more aware now

Ah thanks! I haven't had that happen yet s far as I know but I'll be more aware now

I watched it happen in one of your videos.
I'll try to find it for you.

"First Day" video at the top of this thread, 4:50... :eek: just for a couple seconds.
It may have been starting again at 7:09, you cut to another scene, so I am not sure.

An experienced multi-rotor pilot told me once, "If you ever get into trouble such as nearing a tree, just push hard on the throttle and go up. Going up is your friend as there are fewer obstacles as you go higher." That advice has saved me many crashes.

The hardest part of learning to fly is that there are no property lines once in the air. It's OK to fly over someone else's yard to save a crash.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.