Mounting Strobon

Reaction score
I've mounted a "Strobon" cree to the right rear leg of my Phantom 3 pro.
Will this cause flight interference or have others done the same?
Thanks

I've mounted a "Strobon" cree to the right rear leg of my Phantom 3 pro.
Will this cause flight interference or have others done the same?
Thanks
14963604863951499997679.jpg 1496360538062-190259255.jpg should be OK mine set up like this at moment ,using lipo battery 3.6 volt very bright no interference anywhere even with me wireing strobes just on with velcro.:)

Hi Ianzone,
Completly off topic, but what is that brace used for, that you appear to've glued across the rear legs?
HI Um I did have a homemade strobe there but took off ,left brace there also helps legs not flex so bad,from new they felt loose but wernt, just lightweight plastic glued in place,I did have on bottom but always got picked up by vps on landing ,sometimes not wanting to touch down :)

Reactions: Numone
Good day that is a whole lot of unnecessary wiring for a little strobe...
Yeh thanks so I been told before,got some coming from ebay but have there own on board battery wHich has usb charger and taking long time to arrive,shipping from US .ps those have 3 miles visibility according to specs ,you can't see for couple minutes if you look at them,:cool:extra wires for off on switchs

Yeh thanks so I been told before,got some coming from ebay but have there own on board battery wHich has usb charger and taking long time to arrive,shipping from US .ps those have 3 miles visibility according to specs ,you can't see for couple minutes if you look at them,:cool:extra wires for off on switchs
I have a bunch of those. They are awesome. You will like them.

I have a lot of customers mounting them to the legs using these mounts with no problems. I use them on my Inspire 1 Pro and Mavic Pro too without any issues.

Reactions: Neon Euc
I've purchased 4.. Fit my Phantom 3 pro perfect.
Great price. Fast shipping.

Reactions: ryantrax
I’m interested in getting some cree strobes. What do you recommend please?
I have them both. The cree strobon are by far better. They are much more compact, brighter and built better. The firehouse ones are not as bright. Even the four cree led ones, in my test, I can see the single cree strobon at a much further distance. I have had to return two of the firehouse ones because of failure. The claimed "up to six hour" run time on the firehouse ones are actually 3 hours in flash mode. The strobon will last beyond six hours with a much smaller battery and package. I have used strobon for years and haven't had an issue yet.
I used a red one in the rear, and a white one in front.

I have them both. The cree strobon are by far better. They are much more compact, brighter and built better. The firehouse ones are not as bright. Even the four cree led ones, in my test, I can see the single cree strobon at a much further distance. I have had to return two of the firehouse ones because of failure. The claimed "up to six hour" run time on the firehouse ones are actually 3 hours in flash mode. The strobon will last beyond six hours with a much smaller battery and package. I have used strobon for years and haven't had an issue yet.
I used a red one in the rear, and a white one in front.
Maybe you got some bad one? I did tests with a variable ND filter. The LED's themselves have identical brightness (except the Flytron Standalone, it isn't a Cree LED). When you add in the multiple Cree LED's the Firehouse ones have my distance tests faired way better on the Firehouse than the Strobons. A distance test I did with the FH ARC II was a mile away, I was easily able to maintain VLOS and could have gone much further.

Reactions: msinger and HawkMan
Here is a link to the ARC II distance test toward the end I stopped at 1 mile:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/t6QesgAe8dpnpNQ1A

When I get some time I'll do a video and I'll run each of them out to a mile so you can see what I'm talking about. I've tried them all and my recommendation of the Firehouse ARC II and Dual Cree still stands. Any of them in my chart above will get you 3 miles of visibility fulfilling your FAA requirements.

Reactions: HawkMan

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair