mounting/installing mini iosd

Got everything together.
Installed the iosd internally and chose to keep the canbus intact. After I got everything organized and ziptied, I updated the iosd. Before putting the top back on, I powered it up and made sure everything was working and getting iosd displayed on my screen. Everything checked out. I line up the top to make sure none of the wires are in the way to get pinched or if they're too high. All is well. Great. I screw everything together.

I've been waiting to get some good sunset shots around here. I have everything charged up and ready to go. I waited until about an hour before sunset to drive to the park. The park is 5 minutes away. Figure a few minutes to set up and then 1/2 hour to get some shots.

Get to the park and go through my startup procedure and notice I'm not getting any gps. It usually takes less than a minute and I'm good to go. I have nothing but blinking yellow. oh. my. gawd. Can't believe what I just did. I forgot to hook up the gps cable. I was so stoked that everything was working and no issues with cables getting pinched that I just started putting the screws in. Of course I left my allen wrench at home. le sigh.

There's no way I'm flying w/o gps so I head back home. Was able to get back to the park but I just missed the good sunset.

Oh well. I'll get it next time.

Anyway, that's my story. My son was with me and laughed as I put on my Napoleon Dynamite voice and called myself an IDIOT.

poostik said:
Got everything together.
Installed the iosd internally and chose to keep the canbus intact. After I got everything organized and ziptied, I updated the iosd. Before putting the top back on, I powered it up and made sure everything was working and getting iosd displayed on my screen. Everything checked out. I line up the top to make sure none of the wires are in the way to get pinched or if they're too high. All is well. Great. I screw everything together.

I've been waiting to get some good sunset shots around here. I have everything charged up and ready to go. I waited until about an hour before sunset to drive to the park. The park is 5 minutes away. Figure a few minutes to set up and then 1/2 hour to get some shots.

Get to the park and go through my startup procedure and notice I'm not getting any gps. It usually takes less than a minute and I'm good to go. I have nothing but blinking yellow. oh. my. gawd. Can't believe what I just did. I forgot to hook up the gps cable. I was so stoked that everything was working and no issues with cables getting pinched that I just started putting the screws in. Of course I left my allen wrench at home. le sigh.

There's no way I'm flying w/o gps so I head back home. Was able to get back to the park but I just missed the good sunset.

Oh well. I'll get it next time.

Anyway, that's my story. My son was with me and laughed as I put on my Napoleon Dynamite voice and called myself an IDIOT.

That's an easy one to miss..

Think I'll be going this way as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

av8inglife said:
Hats off to you for not pushing the envelope and forcing an unplanned flight without GPS!

I thought about it for a second but after 2 mishaps with trees and only a dozen or so flights under my belt, there's no way I was going to do it. The space is ridiculously open but I really wanted to do things right. After all, I just enabled NAZA. How useless would that have been?

I was able to go out today, worry free, except for the shitty weather we've been having. Overcast, cold and ready for more snow :(.
On the plus side, next week I'll be in the Virgin Islands, along with my P2 (and my family, but who's counting them). Can't wait to actually have footage w/o snow in it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20