Mounting FPV Tx on Phantom

Reaction score
Just received my FPV kit which included an ImmersionRC 5.8GHz 600mW transmitter with a 450mAh 35C battery. I'm looking for suggestions on how to mount this underneath the Phantom. It gets very hot after only 60 seconds on. Seems velcro for the Tx might not survive the heat. Is there a betterway? For the battery of course velcro might be ok, but is there a better way? I don't have a gimbal yet but how would that affect my mounting choice?

Also, the batteries did not come with a charger. The balance connecter would work with the Phantom charger but the power connectors are different. Any suggestions? Do I need some sort of adapter cable?

Thanks in advance,
Carey

I have the same VTX. I drilled a hole in the rear of the case to the left of the battery (as seen from the rear). Inside the batt compartment, there are thin dividers that keep the batt in place. The VTX fits in there nicely, with the antenna poking out of the back. Just make sure that you turn the antenna so that it CAN'T tilt up! lol.

Will post a pic as soon as I have finished with my mods......FPV, tarot gimbal and extra battery to power the gimbal.

BTW.....VTX is powered by the onboard extra power cable (that comes down the front right leg).

Hope this helps.

DN.

careysb said:
Just received my FPV kit which included an ImmersionRC 5.8GHz 600mW transmitter with a 450mAh 35C battery. I'm looking for suggestions on how to mount this underneath the Phantom. It gets very hot after only 60 seconds on. Seems velcro for the Tx might not survive the heat. Is there a betterway? For the battery of course velcro might be ok, but is there a better way? I don't have a gimbal yet but how would that affect my mounting choice?

Also, the batteries did not come with a charger. The balance connecter would work with the Phantom charger but the power connectors are different. Any suggestions? Do I need some sort of adapter cable?

Thanks in advance,
Carey

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20