Most Common Construction Applications?

Mick seems like you have a good start and show initiative on your part. Of course you didn't mention if you charged them or not so it doesn't take much to offer something for free. LOL

I would suggest using the relationship you have built with the existing developer. Ask there advice on how you could get plugged into the construction community. Ask if they attend or are members or a local organization. Also ask them if they would give you a testimonial and / or a referral. Its always an advantage to contact someone by saying "Joe over at ABC ... recommended I contact you."

My advice is to have your pricing down and do not be afraid of your fees. I find too many people think their prices are too high because they could not afford them if they had to pay for your own service. But remember you are helping someone solve a problem and that has value.

Also remember there will always be someone who charges more than you and someone who will charge less. You have to be able to walk away if they balk at your fee. I NEVER mind losing a job because of price. Most of the time if they hire the guy that is half my price then I know that guy will not be around in a year because they can't build a business on giving away their services.

A twist on the volumetrics. Work for a construction materials firm that owns / operates multiple aggregate mining sites, and then hauls the OSG back to ReadyMix plants for materials inventory. Use the bird for mapping all sites and performing photogrammetry to determine inventory volumes. Use of the P4 saves approx 140 man hours per site per inventory event.

Reactions: JWH
Anyone have any idea of the Construction companies that are using aerials what applications are they getting the most benefit? It seems there is three main common categories:

- Progress monitoring - give a comprehensive birdseye view to see where the project is at

- Asset management - where are all my dump trucks and cranes?

- Volumetrics - How much dirt do we need to fill that hole? Or, how much gravel is left in that pile?

What's applications are most compelling?

Drone Deploy has just rolled out a new construction app where it it take the same photo set from same altitude and heading so the customer can create time lapse of project. Sound like some this we can really get out and sell.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic