More powerfull repeater?

I'm wondering if anyone has put together a firm guide from all this information yet? Would be nice to see working solutions in a nice and concise manor instead of having to poor threw so many posts...

Or is that in here and I missed it?

brushlesheaven said:
Guys, reading 105 posts in details is hard and I am sure someone answered this before but I will ask again.
What is that you do to remove the white silicon covering antenna plugs inside the wifi booster or TX please?
Thanks

I used a very small screwdriver just be careful
I also put a drop of hot glue on the new connection

If the short range WIFI repeater came from China, why can't we just send it back and have them supersize it?

I may be wrong but what I hear from this site, the vision repeater is under powered. I am sure there is an electrical engineer in china who could easily build a more powerful version in a slightly larger package.

Has anyone heard of one coming out? I am trying not to jerry-rig my phantom. There has to be a plug and play option on the horizon.

Be very careful on the antenna connector! I broke mine inside to Tx. I was able to fix with some solder but next time I will use an exacto knife to trim it away first.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

can someone please post a close up of the repeater inside i think i broke mine and want to confirm something
trying to see a close up of pin #211

mr_3_0_5 said:
can someone please post a close up of the repeater inside i think i broke mine and want to confirm something
trying to see a close up of pin #211

I damaged my extender by knocking off this little transistor while shoving the RP-SMA connector through the hole I drilled. The hole was too low, so there was a lot of shoving going on. I ended up getting a new extender. Good luck!

Attachments

• DSC04658.JPG
    DSC04658.JPG
    184.5 KB · Views: 476
Just so you know, the first time i try to drill a hole on my RE, im afraid the same accident so i put double tape on a board that could be touched by a drill so if **** happend the drill only hit the double tape, not directly hit on the board

Yep I did the same my drill bit took that off
I don't know why I didn't just take the card out of there then there would be no risk at all stupid me
Live and learn
Waiting for a new extender
The new antenna I got did make it to 3000 ft out and 500 ft up solid connection the whole time
Felt I could have gone further but didn't push it
I will see what the max range is when I get a new extender
Are the extenders 99 bucks everywhere?
Or has anyone found a better deal

mr_3_0_5 said:
Yep I did the same my drill bit took that off
I don't know why I didn't just take the card out of there then there would be no risk at all stupid me
Live and learn
Waiting for a new extender
The new antenna I got did make it to 3000 ft out and 500 ft up solid connection the whole time
Felt I could have gone further but didn't push it
I will see what the max range is when I get a new extender
Are the extenders 99 bucks everywhere?
Or has anyone found a better deal

I drilled from the inside out and it was easier to control and prevent damage

It's just four screws and you can take the whole board out
I've been kicking myself all morning
Anyone reading this do yourself a favor and remove he board before trying to drill it

YeeaaBoii said:
Would a splitter like this that would allow you to attach two antennas help at all? Maybe two omnidirectional antennas horizontal each way?

http://www.amazon.com/Female-Triple-Ada ... le+antenna

I was told by FPVLR it doesn't work like that: This is his reply to the same question: "You cannot attach 2 antennas to a T because the receiver or trasmitter will see it as if it were 1 antenna, so it will be off tune badly and you risk burning your tx if the power is high enough, and peformance will be poor."

mr_3_0_5 said:
The repeater has two antennas in it so you can have two of your choice

Yes, you're right, but, that way, you disconnect the stock antenna, which works fine up to 500m (close and medium range).

The stock antenna is a small micro patch antenna and needs to be aimed
If you put a small pinwheel or omni you wouldn't have to aim

I received my replacement P2V from amazon.com today and I'm easily getting 3-4x the WiFi/Vision range of the one I purchased last month. Both P2Vs are at the same firmware. (The new one came up to date on all firmware.)

Same mods were done on both repeaters: 8 dBi omni and 9 dBi directional. Just moved the antennas and pigtails over to the new P2V.

Flying from the same location I've flown at dozens of times. Any ideas what could be different?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164