Mission Completed - Not

@anotherlab
Thanks to you also!

Really?

So since I took control of this thread. :rolleyes:

If you know your going to loose remote control signal, any adjustments in the gimbal of any kind while in flight is waist of time?

I, just learning what Interpolate does, well I guess set the camera / gimbal at the beginning and use speed to adjust the camera angel in flight.

Anybody following my thoughts? ;)

Rod

As I understand it, Litchi announces "mission ended" when it loses RC signal, but it continues the programmed mission. However, in order for the gimbal to operate, it must be in contact with the RC. If you fly out of range of the RC on a mission, the gimbal will remain at the angle it was at when it lost RC signal. When it regains RC signal on the way home, the gimbal will again respond. At least that has been my experience. When I fly short Litchi missions within RC range, the gimbal operates as expected.
Thanx.

I'm aware of the connection requirement for automated gimbal control. This behavior as documented does not match my scenario.

1) I never got a disconnected message as you see on the screen recording and mission logs. I only got a very brief signal drop to 8% and it shot back up to solid signal.

2) even if we want to call that a disconnect it was very short lived. Very. A s cond or two. The AC and RC were solidly in connection for the remaining waypoints for which gimbal control is ignored.

@Smurdley
Thanks Man!
If you are correct, is this in the manual or documentation and that's why others are ignoring answering in this thread? :rolleyes:

Rod
Rod, thanks for chiming in. As per my recent reply, I was already aware of that. It does not apply to my scenario.

Reactions: RodPad
@anotherlab
Thanks to you also!

Really?

If you know your going to loose remote control signal, any adjustments in the gimbal of any kind while in flight is waist of time?

I, just learning what Interpolate does, well I guess set the camera / gimbal at the beginning and use speed to adjust the camera angel in flight.

Rod
Gee. A guy can't go off line for a day or two without losing control of his thread? :). Maybe I was scouting drone flying opportunities. :)

But seriously, I do appreciate people pitching in. Yet the answer remains elusive. So it's possible nobody else was replying because they don't have the answer to my actual problem. I'm not being snarky. I swear. :) I supplied three bits of evidence to support my problem statement. I thought the screen recording was particularly illuminating. I can post the recording of the entire mission if that helps. I will also post the link to he actual mission.

Bill

@anotherlab
Thanks to you also!

Really?

Rod
Correct. Programmed gimbal angles are useless out of radio range. What is disappointing in my case is that I had solid uplink/downlink and it still stopped executing programmed gimbal movements. Thankfully it still flew the course to the end. So I lost a camera angle but kept a drone. LOL

@bsartist

You can have your thread back. :eek:
Wow learning a lot in short time. ;)
Thanks..

Well, anybody else?

This guy is tough one. ;)

I'm not giving up yet. :)

Rod

Rod, You asked for the actual mission. I finally got to my desktop so I could get the link (using mission hub from an iphone or ipad browser doesn't really work). Here it is:

Mission Hub - Litchi

I may have more waypoints than I need. I was thinking it may make for better interpolation.

Bill

I will take a look,

Litchi Test Sunday, first chance since 01/01/2017
My Third mission.

6 min flight
Mission Hub - Litchi

22 seconds video. :rolleyes:

I don't have a clue. ;)

It least it came back (Finished) :D

Rod

@bsartist ,
I guess you first post was to long, duh, your mission is on the first post, If I did click on it I probably thought it was a screen shot. :rolleyes: ;)

Rod

Ha ha. Nah. Here is a REAL tough guy
I meant your problem / question, I can tell your not tough. :D

So, I'm still confused,

So if you are getting mission ended message.

#1 You don't think you should be because of your remote signal quality?
#2 If you were disconnected for a short time, You are still getting video and telemetry. You think the gimbal settings should return to your programed positions?

A thought, your remote signal, how is that calculated? Meaning your remote is being transmitting to the Phantom on one frequency, the Phantom is sending data and video on a different frequency and two separate channels.

Litchi must be sending the gimbal settings as if your adjusting in the app or with the remote wheel. Once Litchi suspects it has lost one of this signals, data is not coming back from the Phantom, it then stops its gimbal commands, because it doesn't know it is still active or maybe where the Phantom actually is in the flight even though it has reconnected. The way points elevations, etc, are loaded on board the Phantom.

In this thought pattern, I guess that any commands such as take picture, (stop \ start) recording are probably not going to work ether, unless Litchi (the app) still knows that it is in control.

How long or flights have you done with Litchi?
Is this a new problem?

Anybody got anything to add or subtract. :)

Rod

Well I'm getting more frustrated as I go forward, because I'm going backwards.
So with my testing in the dark, because in the day light I'm at work..... :rolleyes:
I ran my mission again twice. Learning that the gimbal quits moving on loss of remote signal, I preset all gimbal angels, quit using Interpolate. Well I ended up with three short video clips.

Second mission, I changed / removed the start recording on the first way point. Started recording manually, Before it Lifted off. Same-O, ended up with three more different short clips. :rolleyes:

It restarts the video when of coarse remote control signal comes back. Wow I can do that with out Litchi.

I'm I confused, it won't even record video on loss of Remote Signal?

I have two five acre lots, If I don't use Litchi I need to fly at 600' AGL just to see my rental house. :eek:

My Ideas of what I could do with product is descending to = ZERO.

@bsartist

Looks like my issues are passing yours, you getting anywhere? :rolleyes:

Rod

Well I'm getting more frustrated as I go forward, because I'm going backwards.
So with my testing in the dark, because in the day light I'm at work..... :rolleyes:
I ran my mission again twice. Learning that the gimbal quits moving on loss of remote signal, I preset all gimbal angels, quit using Interpolate. Well I ended up with three short video clips.

Second mission, I changed / removed the start recording on the first way point. Started recording manually, Before it Lifted off. Same-O, ended up with three more different short clips. :rolleyes:

It restarts the video when of coarse remote control signal comes back. Wow I can do that with out Litchi.

I'm I confused, it won't even record video on loss of Remote Signal?

I have two five acre lots, If I don't use Litchi I need to fly at 600' AGL just to see my rental house. :eek:

My Ideas of what I could do with product is descending to = ZERO.

@bsartist

Looks like my issues are passing yours, you getting anywhere? :rolleyes:

Rod
To recap:

1) I fully expect programmed gimbal commands to not be executed upon RC/AC disconnect. That's advertised behavior.

2) I also fully expect programmed gimbal commands to resume execution upon regain of signal (reconnect of AC/RC).

3) My problem is not related to 1 and 2 because I did not receive a disconnect on my app. I only see in screen recording and logs that it momentarily went to 8%

4) It spoke the "Mission Ended" callout when signal dropped to 8% so I'm going to assume that it's related. So it seems that litchi sort of thought the mission had ended and stopped sending gimbal commands. Even though I never really had an RC/AC disconnect. Only a very brief drop to 8%. If I had a real disconnect and then reconnect would it have resumed gimbal control? Dunno. I think it's supposed to.

5) I have flown the mission a couple more times without this issue happening. I've been positioning myself better to sustain better signal.

Regarding your issue I don't know why it's stopping and restarting the video. I did have an earlier run at this mission and did get a disconnect when the house got between me and the bird. Camera kept rolling. That's supposed to be the beauty of it.

Thanks, Yeah,

I spent a lot looking and trying to understand your issues. Frustrated that my tests have more problems then yours.

I started to think, that if I have no remote signal its not going to record.

Purchased Litchi, Black Friday, I pad air 2 in December, now its almost February. :rolleyes:

Downloaded my first test video off the SD card, 50 meg, 22 seconds. :confused:

I will have to load up my flight through iTunes, I figured I could play back my flight in Litchi like Dji-Go, but I guess I need to remember to start the screen recorder. :rolleyes:

I will figure it out, you can have control of your thread again.... ;)

Rod

Well,
@bsartist

I'm Snarky, Could you have shared this thread, that started three days ago?

Litchi...

Rod

It's a well-known quirk among frequent Litchi users. I had the message many months ago. I noticed that the mission continued in spite of the warning that it had ended. I wrote Litchi support and they said to ignore it. It still happens on occasion, I ignore it and the mission flies as planned.

It's a well-known quirk among frequent Litchi users. I had the message many months ago. I noticed that the mission continued in spite of the warning that it had ended. I wrote Litchi support and they said to ignore it. It still happens on occasion, I ignore it and the mission flies as planned.
Thanks. Were any of your preprogrammed gimbal commands executed after that point in the mission?

Thanks. Were any of your preprogrammed gimbal commands executed after that point in the mission?
Yes. However, when it says "disconnected" instead of "mission ended", the preprogrammed gimbal movements don't work. When it's truly lost contact, the gimbal movements don't work and speed changes between waypoints don't work. This is a limitation of the DJI SDK and not Litchi's fault. Litchi programmers can only work within the confines of what DJI allows in their SDK (Software Development Kit).

Yes. However, when it says "disconnected" instead of "mission ended", the preprogrammed gimbal movements don't work. When it's truly lost contact, the gimbal movements don't work and speed changes between waypoints don't work. This is a limitation of the DJI SDK and not Litchi's fault. Litchi programmers can only work within the confines of what DJI allows in their SDK (Software Development Kit).
Thanks. As posted above I'm aware of all that. I never received a disconnect and my programmed gimbal movements stopped being executed. I had excellent connectivity for the remainder of the mission.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT